Waterford

An obscure townland, south of Kilkenny City. Abandoned by industrial society in the great crash of '08. Rumoured to be the last resting place of Benjamin Disraeli.

@Fagan_ODowd, can you fill is in on all the gruesome details of the Bill Kenneally affair please.

It’s all there on the Broadsheet website this morning.

Will give Dowling something to aim for when he’s hitting the frees below in Walsh Park in 2021.

4 Likes

that yoke wouldn’t be in it with the Metalman in Tramore

well done waterford

1 Like
1 Like

Ye need to banish the cars from the quays lads. What should be the focal point for the city is a giant cage-park. It’s like something Limerick would do. Sort it out please.

Was down in Dunmore East for a day. Lovely part of the world. Waterford is an underrated gem of a county tourism wise.

2 Likes

Long term project to clear them but they are privately owned so will need to be CPO’d.

Greenway is going in between the cars and the river at the minute.

1 Like

They’re completing work here that will bring the Greenway right into the heart of Dungarvan.

Dungarvan is a beautiful little town, absolutely thriving, something for everybody, hipster and roaster equally catered for

Great county… a lot of people seem to have moved there during covid and happy to commute to Dublin once or twice a week…

The cliff walk on a day like today is an absolute treasure.

There’s always been a wild streak in Waterford.

Take it ffs.

What was the story with the Tennis Club in Tramore? @ChairmanDan

I couldnt make head nor tale of it but then again it was “journalist” Mark Tighe trying to write about it.

I’m none the wiser really myself. It was a very strange article.

1 Like

I had always thought that Cromwell had come up with that phrase. I was wrong.

Haughtons pub on the main road between Waterford and Dungarvan closed its doors for the last time on Sunday night. It’s a shame because it was a lovely little old time pub.

1 Like