Wayne & Coleen Rooney

right, it was the ginger that nobbled him

Apparently Juventus want in now

The end is nigh

Wayne Rooney has released a statement confirming he wants to leave Man United after the club was unable to give him assurances over future squad improvements.

Good to see he has a bit if ambition anyway

At least United were honest, Pool lied to Torres and Gerrard earlier this summer and got Konchevsky and Meirrelles (sp).

Rooney more a gloryhunter than fans like me.

So you admit to being a gloryhunter, interesting revelation shan.

Some people believe Wayne wouldnt fit in abroad. This is the look of a man who would fit in perfectly on the continent.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs810.snc4/69067_10150302391480441_10150089120710441_15448280_5797998_n.jpg

It’s gonna be a great PR war between Fergie/Glazers and Rooney.

Good comeback from Rooney in fairness.

Can see this splitting the fan base.

I think it is kinda ironic that he is being classed as a gloryhunter for wanting to leave United, sure up to recently you could throw the same accusation at any player that has joined them since the beginning of the EPL…

Glory hunting - showing ambition, whats the difference?

Six of one, half a dozen of another…but find it funny that when a player wants to leave united he is accused of it yet when he joined from Everton it was the same story

Back Buraspor after seeing the faces of the United squad getting off the bus. They dont look happy.

Rather than work hard and try to win things at United he wants to leave. Hes leaving a team that has won 3 of the 4 leagues and they only finished 1 point behind Chelsea last year. I would say now that the fans are behind the club rather than him now. Its a shame United will have to play him to put him in the shop window.

Surely Rooney doesnt need a shop window? Its not like anyone doubts his abilities or potential?

As for working hard and winning things, I’d imagine Wayne and his advisors see the way United are going, its going to be Liverpool of the past few months, only a much larger scale. Cant blame him for getting out now, this wasn’t what he signed up for.

Will they play him though Shan? Be weird having him play after such a declaration.

Shop window doesn’t really matter, they’ll be lucky to get back what they paid for him, £25m I believe.

United have an aging squad and have sold two of their bigger names in recent times without adaquately replacing them, he has quite rightly questioned this and hasn’t been happy with the reply he got…

Why would United have to put him in the shop window, he is one of the biggest names in World Football for fucj sake, if it was Chris Smalling, Darren Gibson etc I could understand playing them to put them in the shop window but I think Wayne’s reputation is already well established, teams are hardly going to sign him based on his future performances between now and the transfer window

the longer it drags on the more it will drop…They will do well to get 30 million for him in january…Reckon they would nearly be as well off looking for Benzema and Lassana Diarra and a few million off Real Madrid for him

Hes taking the easy way out. Also a total disrespect to his current teamates. United are better off without him. The squad will pull together and come out of this better. You mention Liverpools donwfall but they never had someone like Fergie guiding them. I recall United were apparently finished in the mid noughties and we all saw what happened in the years that followed.

Regarding playing Rooney I think that he has to show if he is back in form. Hasnt done it since March of this year. If he went on some scoring run then his value would go up and United have to look on him as an asset in this repect.

I stopped reading here. If you’re not going to be realistic theres not much point having a discussion with you.

:lol:

With 18 months left on his contract and him as good as handing in a transfer request his transfer value will not go up, even if he was to hit the form of his life in the next few weeks