Wedding Etiquette

Have you to take an annual leave day for it or is it a Saturday?

€150 is loads mate unless it’s a particularly close cousin.

5 Likes

If he’s not a close cousin, give nothing and dont go.

1 Like

€100 since you are on your own and he’s no-one important.

He should write that in the card.

2 Likes

He obviously is going though.

We got loads of single people giving €100 - nothing at all wrong with it.

€150 is being noticeably generous and above that isn’t called for unless it is something you really want to do.

We got €50 from a couple at our wedding. That was as stingy as it got.

1 Like

€50 :laughing:

I wouldn’t mind but they were bending my ear outside about how well their greyhound breeding business was doing.

1 Like

€100 if on your own, €150/200 if going as a couple depending how well you know them.

He’d be a close cousin. He’s more or less the pater familias of the extended family and I’d have huge regard for him. We manage the affairs of an uncle together so I don’t want to come up short for his young lad.

Jesus, Il give ya the extra €50 just to drop it.

2 Likes

Have I the wrong man or are you often blowing about how well off you are, is it because you’re very careful with your money.

Anyway, it’s a pity that no forum member has been recently married so he could put this to bed.

There’s a lad who stands up at 2mins30secs wearing jeans :astonished: :grinning:

2 Likes

I give people a wedding “gift” of cash.I’m not there to pay for the 8 bridesmaids dresses and the fancy fuckin cars and whatever other extravagant extras they decide they want on top of the hotel/band/meal that most normal people have.My 150/200 is more than enough for anyone.I’d be embarrassed if anyone other than close family gave me more than that.

2 Likes

Has to be a sculpture so.

Nothing wrong with thriftiness, no need for the lecture

Five hundred

@Fagan_ODowd has pissed me off in this thread. He comes across all clueless with a ‘first cousin’s sons wedding - help’ post and people genuinely trying to help him. Then it transpires he wants to give him a decent present because he gets on fierce well with the cousin.

Fuck sake - you should have enough experience about when to be decent with family so maybe go with that instead of wasting the time of the rest of us.

6 Likes