Wedding Etiquette

I overestimated my public speaking prowess as a best man, didn’t really prepare anything and spoke for a grand total of 2 minutes and 46 seconds. One of the lads had 3 minutes. He said I looked like a fella on the verge of a stroke when the mic was handed to me

6 Likes

The father of the bride at this one fancies himself as a comedian. I’ve seen him in action before and was sure he’d go on for the night. Picked up the mic with no notes and bumbled his way through the speech. Morto for him. I’d say he just imagined it’d come to him

1 Like

I’ve spoken before but had always had a few notes and prepared. Just got cocky. The meal was before the speeches and sure one of the groomsmen was winding like a cunt. I got so bad I was full sure I’d puke at the top table.

Christ, you’re a grown man FFS.

1 Like

I’d 2 days of hard liqueuring done and had a touch of the fear

Do you like the old liqueurs?

1 Like

I’m a divil for the rum

Got a fucking invitation to a wedding during the week, I’d have preferred a summons to be honest. Will have to come up with a good excuse for this one as its a family do.

€400 in the card so at least. €500 so as not to look stingy

Get away to fuck

1 Like

I’m sure they’ll be distraught that their aunt’s oddball husband batty won’t be there for their big day.

3 Likes

Was at a wedding Friday. I am not a fan of this speeches before the meal craic. Ends up being far too long an empty lag between mains and dessert and the end of the meal.

The bride and groom had arranged for a one man band to play in the residents bar from 2am to 4:30am which was a novel and good idea. Much easier to fire of a heap o whiskey with some hand clapping/toe tapping music in the background rather than some ape bawling like an ass.

2 Likes

Not a fan of it no? They probably after paying 10k for a meal if they want to tank a few ppl let em off ta fuck

I had this for my wedding. I just wanted to get the feckin thing out of the way as quick as possible.

1 Like

I’d be fairly well-travelled as a wedding roaster but I have to say the Inchydoney takes some bateing of a fine day. Currently taking five with a jemmy and lime before I fall out with her side of the family :boxing_glove:

4 Likes

Tis nice there alright but Dunmore Hse across the water is nicer.

Enjoy

Sorry mate. I don’t get cockney rhyming slang

How the fuck did a Traveller wedding get into Inchydoney?

1 Like

I wore shoes

1 Like

Just passed a wedding there, they were handing out 99s from an ice-cream van outside the church.
The world is gone mad.