Wedding Etiquette

A lot of deviation here. I don’t know who to believe and follow.

[quote=“the mixer walsh, post: 730970”]
Yer man got the cheque back 11 months later inside a wedding card with my best wishes for the future.[/quote]

Arah im still good to the same ould bitch. she has the loveliest 40 acres of silage ground adjacent to my own farm here so im trying to keep her sweet.

I think Flano is pretty close to the mark. If you go low like I did with €100, they might start calling you cheap. €5000 might be overdoing it a small bit but nobody will be calling you a cheapskate that’s for sure.

What were you on about here pal?

Might go well with the burgers mate.

Ah, I get you now. Quite witty actually.

I’d say around 200 notes is generous.

Also may I take this opportunity to wish forum favourite TP McNally all the best for his wedding tomorrow.

Where’s the wedding on?

200 notes Bandage mate.

No harm for someone to watch the cars during the mass. 2 Funerals and a wedding were hit by small time criminals in the south Galway area in the past 2 weeks. Car windows smashed and any visible valuables taken.

The figures here seem high. We had a free bar from eleven am til two the following morning so we aren’t mean I don’t think . The most expensive item on the wedding list was forty pounds. The last two weddings I was at in the uk were the same free bar all night three meals etc and no presents at all just donations to charity. Now the latter was the wedding of a good friend and we ignored the charity thing and stuck a large cheque in a card. He has not thanked us as yet which would not be like him. I worry that the card may just have been lost in the wash as it were. Would you ask did he get it or just not bother? Sorry I’m Fcekin leathered.

can you not see if it has been cashed?

The english are notoriously cheap. Anything under 200 is tight.

[quote=“fistoffury, post: 730982”]

The english are notoriously cheap. Anything under 200 is tight.
[/quote]Cheap or sensible? The weddings are smashing some of them. The last one had a hog roast at eleven in the night on top of everything else. As regards checking if the cheque is cashed, it’s a long story but it would be a bit of a hassle and I cant be quite bothered.

go ahead mate- ive all the time in the world

I’ve another wedding tomorrow. Any movement on the gift scale? Does the fact I’m not bringing a date mean I can get away with being stingier?

ClarkeyCat checked out my outfit earlier and signed off on my coral shirt. I didn’t know there was a colour called coral until Clarkey said…“Ooh, I really like it…it’s a lovely coral colour.”

[quote=“Bandage, post: 770370, member: 9”]I’ve another wedding tomorrow. Any movement on the gift scale? Does the fact I’m not bringing a date mean I can get away with being stingier?

ClarkeyCat checked out my outfit earlier and signed off on my coral shirt. I didn’t know there was a colour called coral until Clarkey said…“Ooh, I really like it…it’s a lovely coral colour.”[/quote]
Card,envelope & €100 will see you right. A condom might also be a wise option for yourself, just in case like.

[quote=“Bandage, post: 770370, member: 9”]I’ve another wedding tomorrow. Any movement on the gift scale? Does the fact I’m not bringing a date mean I can get away with being stingier?

ClarkeyCat checked out my outfit earlier and signed off on my coral shirt. I didn’t know there was a colour called coral until Clarkey said…“Ooh, I really like it…it’s a lovely coral colour.”[/quote]

Clarkey really is a sensitive guy :oops:

I have one on Saturday. Tinnion wasn’t invited. I was under the impression that 200 quid was the minimum these days but was told in no uncertain terms by 2 mates that 100 is enough. Might give 150 cos I’m sound.

100 would suffice if going solo… unless it is close family.

Lot of variables farmer: country or city, overnight stay or not, closeness to groom/bride, how sound/tight cunt you are etc etc