Wedding Etiquette

artfoley - some guidance for my one would be appreciated too please. An old school and college pal but one I don’t see all that often these days. Would probably go for pints 3 or 4 times a year with the wider old group. How much?

Overnight in a hotel? Country or city?

Overnight, staying in the reception hotel in Co Wicklow…

That’s a terrible name for a hotel…

Hundred quid not a cent more

Art- a very good mate getting married in Jine- I wont be returning to potatoland for the wedding- how much?

TDB or Croppy?

200 should do the trick

Burgers?

On a somewhat related topic, what is the going rate to give a nephew/neice for their confirmation?

No, Burgers is married.

Dunno, gave my niece 20 and a silver bracelet for her communion but that was from me and wife so I spose a score would do

Was thinking of sticking a tonne in a card, just so I look like a big shot.

Stingy cunt

:eek:

50 will do I’d say, if you have a few other the tonne could be a pain In the hole to follow up, if there’s only a handful go nuts billy big balls.

I gave Mac €150 in the card. He didn’t look too impressed.

You should catch her a crow

No wonder this country is ruined… A slice of cake and a glass of pop along with a 5 Euro note should be enough for any kid. It’s a retarded fucking tradition, calling around to people’s houses or having a party to collect money… No one gives a fuck about the religious side of it.

You Christians are a fucked up bunch of hypocritical bastards.

Does this carry on go on in other catholic countries?

[quote=“ChocolateMice, post: 770502, member: 168”]No wonder this country is ruined… A slice of cake and a glass of pop along with a 5 Euro note should be enough for any kid. It’s a retarded fucking tradition, calling around to people’s houses or having a party to collect money… No one gives a fuck about the religious side of it.

You Christians are a fucked up bunch of hypocritical bastards.

Does this carry on go on in other catholic countries?[/quote]
What religious side?

I bought a BMX with my communion money if memory serves me correctly, presume the old pair subsidized it a bit, memories gone to shit to be honest. Savage machine :clap:

Two others at the moment but both are 4 or under. Might wait and see what the other brother is giving and double it