Wedding Etiquette

FFS sake man @anon32894817 is only a young fella. We’re in our 30’s and with a bit more cash to spare. I’ve a deposit put down on a 4 bed in Douglas for your present.

3 Likes

Jesus dan I wouldn’t feel the need to be giving the Postman a tip given your circumstances.

1 Like

I’m doing a job at a friend’s wedding next week (cc the wedding djing thread I set up a few months ago). I’m not charging him for services, although he’ll probably have to fire a few quid towards the lad who supplies the gear. I’m gonna throw €100 in the card from myself and my life partner. That plus my services equates to a wedding gift to the value of €1,100 so don’t be stingy with yer €150 presents

Your one sick bastard

Why?

Will you be throwing in an invoice with the card for 1k for DJ services and a corresponding credit note to underline your generosity?

3 Likes

No. I won’t. Two friends DJed my wedding and neither took payment, saying they were doing it as a gift. One of them gave us a card with €100 as well, while the other didn’t give us anything. Nor did we expect anything. They were doing us a solid and we appreciated it and wouldn’t have expected anything else

When you’re explaining you’re losing pal. Don’t sweat it. Some people are born miserable and can do nowt about it.

just messing pal. I’m actually buying them season tickets for Munster - the gift that keeps on giving. :rollseyes:

Can anyone tell me what the difference between a spiritualist and a humanist wedding is?

None, they are all going to hell.

6 Likes

I think, as they are guests at your celebration, that you’re supposed to pay for that.

The humus.

1 Like

It’s ok to wear sandals at a humanist ceremony.

2 Likes

A few hundred euro in wedding present?

@Fagan_ODowd does the Irish Times still do those little articles about weddings? I used to enjoy them.

1 Like

Only very occasionally now. Haven’t seen one in a few months.

That’s a damn shame.

They must have been a great way for an ex-pat to capture the pulse of the nation

I used to envy the happy couples