Wedding Etiquette

What’s the etiquette for acknowledging a wedding you couldn’t attend? RSVP’ed not attending. Send a card? Would that raise expectations of a gift in the card?

Sin e.

2 Likes

I’m heading to a wedding Saturday week. It’s my first non family wedding. How much do I stick in the card? It’s on his house so I’d imagine the liquor will be free.

Going by yourself or with a partner, pal? €300 if you’re going stag and €500 if you’re bringing a date would be the standard.

3 Likes

You miserable cunt .

Fucksake… you won’t be getting an invite to mine if you’re going to be that cheap.

150e is plenty on your own. If it was a very good friend you might stretch it to 200e.

3 Likes

It’s on in his house? Are ye getting fed?

Yes marquee job with 250 guest must be costing him a fortune.

€100 to €150 would be your range mate. Maybe a bit over if he’s a very good friend.

2 Likes

Particularly if lads don’t cough up…

250 x 100 = 25k

You’d get a lot of marquee for that.

2 Likes

Would you not commission a piece of sculpture for him?

1 Like

Donate to charity in his name is the way to go.

A 100 each way ante post bet on our duke for next years gold cup

1 Like

:clap:

Give him a docket with a €50 ante post bet for Cheltenham next year and tell him it’s worth a fortune to him

Beat me too it. :grinning:

You’d get a lot of Marquee but then you’ve to feed the cunts, fill em with liquor and entertain them.

1 Like

I was thinking of posting that:slight_smile:

1 Like

Top top present. My postman is a keen fan of the horses and I gave him a cheltenham ante post Yankee for his Xmas tip. He was delighted. None of them lined up

5 Likes