Wedding Etiquette

some tight bastards around here

That’s a lovely gesture, especially as the couple are having a religious service to mark the exchange of their vows.

Would you think I’d be going OTT if I Had a mass said for them AND gave them maybe 3 of the All cash cards?

No - just a good mate this time.

€250 is adequate in that scenario.

Get three masses. That poor girl is going to need them.

1 Like

One each in English, Latin and Gaeilge would be a very thoughtful gift.

2 Likes

An All Cash card for every shot you made him drink on the stag

1 Like

I didn’t make him drink anything

I just facilitated it

We had some non attendees who gave a present, some very generous in fact.

Then we got people who didn’t. I would say that like everything wedding related it depends how close you are to the couple. I was pissed off in a small number of instances including with representatives of a business.

A business you has dealings with in a professional capacity? Why would you invite them to your wedding

No. A business at home who we would be friendly with down the years.

Two people invited.

It’s hard to be too pissed off as they didn’t attend obviously but I would have thought they may give a card or something.

2 Likes

A card with money you mean.

Of course.

2 Likes

A couple we know basically invited themselves to our wedding after two social occasions close to it even though we had no intention of inviting them but we did in the end as brother of yer man was going and best mate of yer wan was too. They gave over the bare bare minimum in a card and didn’t stay over - no biggie.

They got married in Spain this week and put serious pressure on others (including us) to attend but we had no intentions of going and had other plans made. I intended throwing a oner in the card and sending to their gaff but my missus is having none of it. Dear Deirdre, what do you think?

Not close, no cigar.

1 Like

Wedding entitlement in Ireland is fucked in the head.

7 Likes

FFS

Why on earth would you give anything to people whose wedding you’re not going to and don’t even want to go to? Unless you’re running a business and need to keep everyone local sweet.

If you got something off them for your wedding though would you not feel obliged to give something back? That couple sound an awful pain though. No harm to cut them loose.

A bottle of bubbles and a card. easy peasy, not too spendy, keeps the Mrs happy and then they can’t ever say you gave em nothing