No.

Are you comparing Meyler to Griffin?

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

That’s gas.

[quote=“Bandage”]No.

Are you comparing Meyler to Griffin?

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

That’s gas.[/quote]

No I’m comparing you to that fuckwit, whoever he is. Presumably mightily embarrassed 18 months later.

So, I should expect Meyler to lead us to 2009 All-Ireland final victory then?

Okay Appendage, nothing to see here at all.

Let’s not even comment on our performances at all then in a campaign where we couldn’t even manage to beat Dublin or Antrim.

You see criticism is unacceptable because there’s a chance history could repeat itself and we could win an All-Ireland in 18 months.

Balls.

With that logic you would have sacked Griffin who had a disasterous league campaign in 95.

Bandage your getting worse, the way your going, your gonna get people to start liking Meyler.

MAC, will you tell the lads over on the wexford forum that the carlow and dublin minor game was cancelled due to one of the young lads from carlow being on the senior team. Think he started wing back. Nothing to do with carlow not being able to field a team.

Been trying to get onto that website for a long time now but no joy in getting my account activated !!

That was Griffin’s first campaign whereas we’re getting progressively worse in Meyler’s second year.

FFS give meyler a chance bandage, it’s geting old now all the shite that your saying. This is just a pach, i believe there are plaenty of hurlers out there in wexford who will help turn the tide this year, starting by beating dublin/westmeath in the championship and building on from there.

Gavin, please name 5 players not currently playing on the county panel (who have not retired or defected) who are better than the current squad and who would make a difference to the team?

I’m saying that i bellieve in the current squad, but i could say a few lads who would boost the panel, who nearly all play football, brian malone, ciaran lyng, rory stafford, red barry, lar pender(oulart) trevor hogan and nigel higgins(rathnure) would add something, i know higgins was a bit all over the place last year, but still think he has something.

Thought of someone to fit the bill for Meylers full forward game plan, the great Paul Codd, haha, bring him back!!!

[quote=“Gavin”]I’m saying that i bellieve in the current squad, but i could say a few lads who would boost the panel, who nearly all play football, brian malone, ciaran lyng, rory stafford, red barry, lar pender(oulart) trevor hogan and nigel higgins(rathnure) would add something, i know higgins was a bit all over the place last year, but still think he has something.

Thought of someone to fit the bill for Meylers full forward game plan, the great Paul Codd, haha, bring him back!!![/quote]

I remember getting the piss ripped out of me in work in either 2005 or 2006 when Maggot was in The Times going on about the chances of Paul Codd returning to the panel were good ‘because the potato picking season has just finished’. Boggers. Nigel Higgins doesn’t warrant another chance as he simply isn’t bothered.

[quote=“Gavin”]I’m saying that i bellieve in the current squad, but i could say a few lads who would boost the panel, who nearly all play football, brian malone, ciaran lyng, rory stafford, red barry, lar pender(oulart) trevor hogan and nigel higgins(rathnure) would add something, i know higgins was a bit all over the place last year, but still think he has something.

Thought of someone to fit the bill for Meylers full forward game plan, the great Paul Codd, haha, bring him back!!![/quote]

Right, well you’re sorta contradicting yourself now. You stated

i believe there are plaenty of hurlers out there in wexford who will help turn the tide this year

but can only list lads who would add something to the panel. Who are these hurlers who will turn the tide cos I haven’t seen them anywhere this year or in most of the matches (bar Tipp) last year.

I’m not an authority on Wexford hurling but Mac has upped the debate to a new level entirely with his use of multi-quotes. Always hard to argue against a guy with such a command of the message board interface. One suspects this is an acquired knowledge, gained from years of practice on various boards and that experience is sure to filter through to the substance of his arguments too.

My sarcasm radar is off the chart with that one…

I knew I’d be unable to attend a potential league final this weekend from a good few weeks back as I’m away both Saturday and Sunday but I’m still disappointed I won’t be there. I think Tommy Howlin and Rory Stafford both look a little bit short of fitness still and so I’d keep the same XV as against Louth if Bradley and Morris are fit. It’s obviously not imperative that we win as promotion has been secured but it’d be a good achievement to be the only county to go through the whole campaign undefeated and it’d be another confidence booster ahead of the championship. We also owe them for a few qualifier defeats and they were dirty fooks when we drew with them a few weeks back so that should motivate us.

Mac, i was on about the current squad.

Looking forward to Sunday, i agree with bandage that we should be highly motivated for Fermanagh, we do owe them from a few qualifer games, What’s everyone think, do you’s think Ryan will bring silverware in his first season?

I hope the fact that Meath (if they beat Carlow) are missing a couple of lads come June 1st doesnt make the Wexford lads think any different than there normal approach. Very strong squad this year, really do hope we get another crack at the likes of Dublin and Laois, could have beaten them both already, but against them we did’nt really have a strong a squad as we do now.

An exclusive to TFK-
The Wx Team to start on Sunday:

1.Anthony Masterson
2.Colm Morris Capt.
3.Philip Wallace
4.Brian Malone
5.Adrian Morrissey
6.David Murphy
7.Niall Murphy
8.Brendan Doyle
9.Eric Bradley
10.Shane Roche
11.Red Barry
12.Adrian Flynn
13.Ciaran Lyng
14.P.J. Banville
15.Mattie Forde

Yet another in a tremendously long line of TFK exclusives (if I get a chance later I’ll list them all) and this time it’s courtesy of Pikeman. Like I posted yesterday, I’m happy enough with an unchanged XV as we played well last Sunday. It should be a good double header in Parnell Park but I’ll be hunskelping in Celtic Park at the time.

Thats a strong team alright, if we get a firm sod i can see those forwards racking up a high score.

For what its worth at this stage - a report on the Leitrim match I mentioned last week

Support cast encourage in rematch with Leitirm

Shane Roche, in action here against Leitrims Shane Foley during the counties recent clash in the National League. Pic: John Walsh. Leitrim 1-16 Wexford 0-15

ALTHOUGH THEY lost out in the end by four points to a Leitrim team which they only recently beat in the National League by six points, the Wexford senior football management emerged with plenty of positive pointers from last Saturday afternoons challenge in Moate, County Westmeath, writes Ronan Fagan.

While Leitrim arent setting the world alight in the League, its probably a touch arrogant to take for granted that Wexford should be beating them no matter what the occasion. But there are a couple of important factors to consider on this occasion.

Firstly, either side of going down by 1-10 to 0-7 to Wexford at Wexford Park a few weeks ago, Leitrim had claimed notable victories over both Sligo (1-12 to 0-6) and Down (2-7 to 1-9) to give themselves a very real chance of avoiding relegation while the shock win at home to Down leaves Wexford almost certain of promotion.

The other key aspect of Saturdays match is that Wexford used only four players from the previous weekends draw in Fermanagh, and each of them (Paraic Curtis, Thomas Howlin, PJ Banville and Niall Murphy) have had very little taste of competitive action so far this season.

The Wexford players were also a touch leg weary after a particularly intense week of training, with combined training on Tuesday and Thursday last being added to by gym sessions on Monday and Wednesday, as manager Jason Ryan together with his selectors, Pat Barden, Seamus Kennelly and Ger Foxe, step things up in readiness for a likely Division 3 final against Fermanagh, as well as the championship.

With due respect to Leitrim, the Wexford officials were actually seeking a superior quality of opposition. But a game arranged against Cork fell through, when the Cork clubs exercised their right to have first call on their players during a non-competitive weekend. Wexford then tried a number of other more high profile opposition than Leitrim, but each was unable to facilitate them.

The rematch against Leitrim saw the welcome returns from suspension of Eric Bradley and Ben Brosnan, and both again proved their immense worth to the Wexford cause. Indeed, Brosnan added to thoughts of just what impact he might have had last Sunday week for the under-21 footballers in their Leinster final against Kildare as he produced another electric attacking display against Leitrim, including some awesome solo bursts.

Midfield options Thomas Howlin (who had made a fine impact as a second-half substitute against Fermanagh) and Rory Stafford got some important game-time, and thankfully, just like Bradley, they all came through this exercise unscathed and another touch closer to full match fitness; Howlin even sent over a five-star point from 55 metres out during the second-

Starlight Tom Wall and Bannow-Ballymittys Garry Murphy (the latter a brother of Nialls) were given chances to impress in the corner-back berths, and the suffocatingly tight-markers emerged with good reports. Andreas Doyle (Taghmon-Camross) fulfilled his centre-back duties quite competently, with his distribution being a particularly strong aspect of his play.

Ben Brosnan and Shane Roche are two of the Wexford under-21s already well established in the senior plans. Two more of their U21 colleagues, attackers Sean ONeill (Ballyhogue) and Peter Hughes (Kilanerin) were involved as substitutes against Leitrim, and they did well, with ONeill showing good movement and all-round work-rate, while Hughes link-play was superb, and he also kicked a quality point. One of the major highlights of the day was the outstanding attacking play of PJ Banville, who picked off five classy points during the first-half, which Wexford ended trailing by 010 to 0-7.

Wexford made four personnel changes at half-time, with Gavin Morris of Rosslare taking over in goal from Ramsgranges Jody Doyle (brother of midfielder Brendan), while defender Niall Murphy and the U21 duo of ONeill and Hughes were also introduced.

Meanwhile, Leitrim rolled out their first-choice 15 for the second-half, and they went on to win by 1-16 to 0-15. All in all though, the Wexford management were given plenty of food for thought as they continue to plan for the assault on major honours.

Wexford Jody Doyle (St. James), Garry Murphy (Bannow-Ballymitty), Michael Hanrahan (Sarsfields), Tom Wall (Starlights), George Sunderland (Castletown), Andreas Doyle (Taghmon-Camross), Paraic Curtis (Clongeen), Thomas Howlin (Horeswood, 0-1), Rory Stafford (St. Annes), Ben Brosnan (Bannow-Ballymitty, 0-5, 2 frees, 1 45), Eric Bradley (Adamstown, 0-2), Gary Brilly (Starlights), PJ Banville (Horeswood, 0-5), Shane Roche (Geraldine OHanrahans, 0-1), Johnny Mernagh (Kilmore).

Subs used: Gavin Morris (St. Marys-Rosslare), Niall Murphy (Bannow-Ballymitty), Sean ONeill (Ballyhogue), Peter Hughes (Kilanerin, 0-1).