Wexford GAA 2008

[quote=“north county corncrake”]whats the spread

[/quote]

13 with Powers…the cats will beat that if they are bothered

Predictions for Sunday -

Minor: Wexford by 7 (pulling away).

Senior: Wexford by 2 (hanging on).

Gwan Wexford!

If we don’t win the senior then the least I want is blood. These animals usually beat us while playing dirty so the least we can do is take a few of the turnip munching, cabbage chewing, ginger bastards out.

[quote=“Bandage”]Predictions for Sunday -

Minor: Wexford by 7 (pulling away).

Senior: Wexford by 2 (hanging on).

Gwan Wexford!

If we don’t win the senior then the least I want is blood. These animals usually beat us while playing dirty so the least we can do is take a few of the turnip munching, cabbage chewing, ginger bastards out.[/quote]

dunno about that bandage
while i’m all for full throttle battle type hurling when we try to knock 7 bells out of them they just do us on the scoreboard
for example last year when we tried to take shefflin out of it and then he flicks over skippy’s head and they murdered us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNMbtfBzN-k

I like those predictions bandage, imagine??.. Would be best day of my life. Whats Fitzy saying there? Fecking speakers are gone to feck altogether, can’t hear a thing.

Kilkenny 5-21 Wexford 0-17

Oh dear…

The Leinster “Championship” is a joke.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Kilkenny 5-21 Wexford 0-17

Oh dear…[/quote]

oh dear indeed

What a pile a cock. Depressing day in croker.

Role on the football, at least we have a chance of winning there…

i backed kilkenny to win -13

easy money

No patronising, no hard luck lads, none of that: KK did what they had to do and then went on and scored another 10 points. But they need that kind of ruthlessness to win AI’s and that’s the standard that we are at. Wexford are more of a “on a given day they can put it up to the best” and they did in the first half but the couple of goals at the start of the 2nd half did them. No heart after that. Our flawed hurling system means that they get another chance in the quarters and they will be a handful, but they need a good draw, Limerick I’d say, or maybe Cork. They won’t fear Waterford either.

Look it, the game is over now and we’re thinking of the semi’s. I don’t want to get Galway but if we do we’ll deal with it. KK can be summed up today in Eddie Brennan - woeful in the first half, couldn’t rise a ball but came out guns a blazing and did the job when required.

Roll on August.

Meyler Out Now!

Jaysus. Not sure where to start. I’m actually not that cut up over today.

Obviously talked meslf into the ‘fact’ that Wexford would win over the last few days - I have a condition not dissimilar to a werewolf: you hate yourself for what you become for most of the month then when the frenzy happens, the frenzy happens and all of a sudden you think Wexford will hurl 17 shades of sh1te owa Kilkenny.

But two things, which are mildly contradictory:

• Wexford conceded more goals than in my memory and got bet by the biggest score in years; but
  • Wexford hurled way better than in the Leinster finals 07, 06, 03, 01 and League 05, 07, 08.

Don’t have the heart to go into any detail at all, but basically, we are not better than them but no way are we as bad as the score.

Of course I also meant to say Fuck Meyler, and I’m not basing that exclusively on today

Worst ever, most depressing day I’ve had in Croke Park.

[quote=“briantinnion”]Worst ever, most depressing day I’ve had in Croke Park.

[/quote]

what was so different about yesterday compared to the previous hammerings ? in fairness you stayed within 20 of them…to be honest before the game i didnt think you would

I thought we hurled well in the first half. We used the ball intelligently and played with controlled aggression. We were speaking amongst ourselves at half time and all agreed that they’d come out and try to bury us straight up and we’d need to meet them face on. To then concede 2-4 or whatever in the first seven or eight minutes of the second half was pretty disappointing to say the least. Obviously, the whole second half was a disaster and it’s fairly fooking frustrating that we couldn’t keep up a consistent level for the full seventy minutes but it’s up to the senior players to rally around and make sure we’re ready for the quarter final now. The extra game will stand to us if we’re going to win the thing.

The first half yesterday showed what this team are capable of. Seemed to have a game plan. Outplayed KK for most of the half. Kept them scoreless for 15 mins. Ran them ragged and made me proud to be there to see them. One of the best halves of hurling I’ve seen this team ever play. Once the first Eddie Brennan goal went in you could just see the heads of the supporters and players drop. KK had a spring in their step and that was the end of it.

Fitzy was left badly exposed a number of times which shows how much of a good job Rossi does in front of him.

Also, was not impressed with Roches stroke on Comerford in the second half. The ref bottled it by not sending him off cos he had only booked Power and Comerford a few mins before it.

I watched the first half of the match and naturally enough once the second goal went in I switched away as it was inevitable what was going to happen. Throughout the first half I always got the impression that Kilkenny could up it two or even three gears if they needed to and they did so in the second half but Wexford seemed to just cave in which must be disheartening for a supporter.

What next for Wexford Hurling? In the words of Nick Cave - where do we go now but nowhere…