Wexford GAA 2008

I think the time has come to stop calling it a Championship.

A few more points:

• It was encouraging to see some of our players get over the defeat so quickly in time to strut their stuff in Copper’s.
  • Our failure to respond to Kilkenny stepping up a gear or two was disappointing.
  • I hate Tommy Walsh. I reckon he should have been sent off.
  • I was initially encouraged by Barry Kelly’s officiating - the first 2 Wexford points came from frees awarded for fouls under the high ball that Kilkenny generally get away with, i.e. shoving the hurley into their opponents neck from behind while the ball’s in the air and making the catch themselves. He also penalised them a bit for their swinging clothlines tackles around the neck with the hurley but then he got quite crap really.
  • Eddie Brennan must have taken a plethora of steps for the second goal but he should have been milled over the endline instead of being allowed to backpeddle in towards goal.
  • Kilkenny were awarded one ridiculous point that was about 2 yards wide towards the end of the first half. I often wonder what the fook umpires are doing during games. Some tremendous abuse was dished out it has to be said but this was a real game changing score and we probably would have won had the correct decision been made.
  • I disagree with Mac. Comerford deserved to get a smack after his previous neck high challenge. The only disappointment was that Tommy Walsh wasn’t creamed too. And that ginger prick Shefflin. Did I say how much I hate Tommy Walsh? And why the fook do commentators pronounce his surname as ‘Welsh’? Is there a fooking ‘e’ in it? The little prick.
  • The minor display was really disappointing.
  • I am pissed.

[quote=“Bandage”]A few more points:

• It was encouraging to see some of our players get over the defeat so quickly in time to strut their stuff in Copper’s.
  • Our failure to respond to Kilkenny stepping up a gear or two was disappointing.
  • I was initially encouraged by Barry Kelly’s officiating - the first 2 Wexford points came from frees awarded for fouls under the high ball that Kilkenny generally get away with, i.e. shoving the hurley into their opponents neck from behind while the ball’s in the air and making the catch themselves. He also penalised them a bit for their swinging clothlines tackles around the neck with the hurley but then he got quite crap really.
  • Eddie Brennan must have taken a plethora of steps for the second goal but he should have been milled over the endline instead of being allowed to backpeddle in towards goal.
  • Kilkenny were awarded one ridiculous point that was about 2 yards wide towards the end of the first half. I often wonder what the fook umpires are doing during games. Some tremendous abuse was dished out it has to be said but this was a real game changing score and we probably would have won had the correct decision been made.
  • I disagree with Mac. Comerford deserved to get a smack after his previous neck high challenge. The only disappointment was that Tommy Walsh wasn’t creamed too. And that ginger prick Shefflin. Did I say how much I hate Tommy Walsh? And why the fook do commentators pronounce his surname as ‘Welsh’? Is there a fooking ‘e’ in it? The little prick.
  • I am pissed.[/quote]

I hear ya baby.

[quote=“Bandage”]Did I say how much I hate Tommy Walsh? And why the fook do commentators pronounce his surname as ‘Welsh’? Is there a fooking ‘e’ in it? The little prick.
[/quote]

I have to say I find him irritating as well that was a very dirty swipe on Lyng…

Don’t let the KK crowd hear you say that.

Don’t you know anything!

Tommy was blessing the unfortunate Lyng.

The best aspect of yesterday for me as a Wexford supporter was Eoin Moore’s performance in the minor game. The lad’s some prospect.

I’m just after recalling some bogger from Kilkenny in Flannery’s wishing me good luck for the football final. I thanked him and wished him all the best for their Tommy Murphy Cup preliminary round game with London.

“We’ve got Wexford blood. Our blood won’t let us down.”

Oh dear

[quote=“thedancingbaby”]“We’ve got Wexford blood. Our blood won’t let us down.”

Oh dear[/quote]

Signature duly amended.

[quote=“Bandage”]A few more points:

• I am pissed.[/quote]

Glad to hear they made it to Coppers Bandage. A mate of mine from college is currently living with 2 members of the Wexford panel in Dublin and he was worried cos he hadnt heard from them by around 11 last night. Thought they might have gone to Coppers without him!

PJ Nolan also had a point in the first half that was wide.

Dont get me started on Shefflin. He spent the whole game mouthing at the ref. Cant believe the amount of crap he gets away with.

I used to admire Tommy Walsh but now I think he’s nothing but a tramp. That was one of the dirtiest pulls I’ve ever seen in a hurling game and he’s lucky Gizzy didnt hit the ground or turn back around and belt him back. Should be suspended for 3 months.

Shefflin was always a moany fecker
Walshe on the other hand got away with things because of his youth.

They got away with too much for HQ to get away with; like Kerry.
Times up

I’m having a great summer.

[quote=“Mairegangaire”]Shefflin was always a moany fecker
Walshe on the other hand got away with things because of his youth.

They got away with too much for HQ to get away with; like Kerry.
Times up

I’m having a great summer.[/quote]

We should probably note as well that the Wexford defence kept the supposed, best hurler of this generation scoreless from play AGAIN yesterday. Does any other county have such a record against the ginger king? Bar last year he used to spend most of his games against Wexford in Skippy Ruths pockets.

In fairness it was tough for him yesterday what with trying to play and referee the game at the same time.

True, very true. He’s wintered well anyway. Looks a bit chunkier than he has done in previous seasons.

Should also give Pikeman a mention here for some classic abuse thrown at Shefflin yesterday. His best effort was something about his bandage slipping off his leg or something. Also threw some quality abuse at Tommy Walsh as well.

To explain the whole Walsh/Welsh thing. We in KK have this in common with our Deise brethren that we pronounce Walsh as Welsh as we have a flat accent. Ger Canning seems to have picked up on this.

EG. “KK are playing in Walsh (welsh) park in Waterford and have Tommy Walsh (welsh) lining out at left half back, the darling”

Other examples would be:
Phelan - whaaalyn
Whelan - whaaalyn (I know, same pronunciation)
O’Neill - Naaaaail

I think you’ll find Cork have kept him quiet too. (03 aside) DJ never scored against Cork in any championship game. Some stat.

Use to like tommy walsh too until last year when he was acting the maggot in the leinster final with stephen nolan. Dirty bollox should’ve been fucked out the field yesterday, thought stamp was going to burst him at one stage, pity he missed. As for shefflin, don’t get me started.

Anyway, to the game, great first half, was so happy with them and the effort they were putting in, but in the second half kilkenny just showed how good they are. 2-4 in seven minutes is unreal. Showed what we can do in the first half.

For the quater finals… I fear no one, bar cork.

Wexford are the reason kilkenny will be beaten this year. If the likes of Cork were to apply that game plan it would work with them because they have better players to execute it.

Is what Matty Forde did to the Offaly defender not worse than what Walsh did yesterday ?

Matty Forde is irrelevant in the context of what Walsh/Welsh/Walshe did yesterday.

Not at all, sure yer man was only from Offaly.

clutching at straws there