Wexford GAA 2008

a leitrim man commenting on the All ireland foorball championship is like a fish commenting on the tour de france

you may be 6foot 8 but you still suffer from small man syndrone coming from leitrim and if i’m not mistaken stockholm syndrome with the dubs :eek:

[quote=“artfoley”]a leitrim man commenting on the All ireland foorball championship is like a fish commenting on the tour de france

you may be 6foot 8 but you still suffer from small man syndrone coming from leitrim and if i’m not mistaken stockholm syndrome with the dubs :eek:[/quote]

didnt leitrim win a provincial title before & play in an all Ireland semi final recently enough

also leitrim dont get hammerings like today either

Doesn’t take a genius to figure out that Wexford were humiliated today…

[quote=“north county corncrake”]didnt leitrim win a provincial title before & play in an all Ireland semi final recently enough

also leitrim dont get hammerings like today either[/quote]

that was 1994 and today was the tommy murphy cup

more recently than wexford anyway

the hammering today i mentioned was in croke park

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]
And just another word - I’ve never met you so I don’t take kindly to the personal comments. I’ll be quite happy to discuss them with you if we meet face to face but something tells me you won’t be so quick to throw them around then…[/quote]

Ah lad, you need to learn how to chill out. its not as if you’re being challenged with a major audit here or something. I dont know what you mean by personal comments by the way, feel free to elaborate but maybe not on a Wexford GAA thread cos NCC has already got agitated by people discussing non Wexford GAA topics here tonight.

[quote=“north county corncrake”]more recently than wexford anyway

the hammering today i mentioned was in croke park[/quote]

jesus if you’re gonna go by history, how many four in a rows have dublin & leitrim done in the football ?

hammered out hte gate. we were shite. Brogan had a good game on Malone when they realised his weakness, ie a high ball over the top of him. He won anything low in front or 50-50, but he is wak under a high ball as Louth showed last year. Dont know if Dublin had their homework done on this, but if they did, fair play. Malone looked really bad yesterday.

By far a better team, and were far cuter. Wexford lads were fouling on the ball, or like the fool Stafford, right in front of the ref. Dublin were getting the sneaky kicks and pulls in off the ball as it was being delivered. Being more intelligent and walking the line to get that advantage, thats the level that teams bring it to get to the higher levels. wexford didnt have that. We lost everything at midfield, and pretty much all over hte field.

In summary, the ref done us.

Hard luck wexford, feel your pain.

Can argue with the Dubs performance though.

I backed wexford Friday but I knew the docket was in tatters when Lk hammered Meath saturday night. Unfortunately it appears ye beat nathin before the final. If ye can pick it up ye could be hard to beat in the qualifiers but somehow I cant see how Ryan will get ye up and running for that though.

To be honest coming in dancing on yer graves in the hour after the game is a bit fookin much from the Dub (& leitrim fans). I will leave it til at least tomo before I use it as a stick to beat any of you wexicans

I don’t think that because you are from a certain county that you don’t have a right to slag another county off.

Just thought it was funny what with the unwarranted abuse these lads have dished out to Leitrim over the last few months to see them annilated. They were clearly punching above their weight when they thought they could beat Dublin with a non existant midfield and mediocre backs and to see it blow up in their face I take some enjoyment from I must admit.

Nothing against Wexford and in normal circumstances would have loved to have seen them win but I’ve taken enough shite off these lads with regards Leitrim so I don’t see why I shouldn’t give some back.

Is farmer for real? thats crazy talk.

Dire game yesterday, the second half was brutal, midfield and fullback line totally exposed.

Still we are not out of the championship yet and the real test of Jason Ryan will be to see how he picks up the lads for the qualifier in two weeks time. Getting to the quarterfinals would be a real achievement for this team and is still achievable.

And don’t forget only us and cork can still do the double!

[quote=“padjo”]Is farmer for real? thats crazy talk.
And don’t forget only us and cork can still do the double![/quote]

You’re still drunk right?

Aaaaw-poor wickle farmer

more like very, very hungover and grasping at straws.

Lots of bitterness on here lads. Great to see.

Wexford were really shocking yesterday when you think about it. It wasn’t just the simple errors they made, it was the fact that they made the same mistakes over and over again - the most obvious being Malone getting caught under the high ball and allowing Brogan in behind numerous times. Ryan didn’t look great tactically from the sideline in that respect but in fairness to him there were about 15 changes he could have made yesterday so he couldn’t make every switch he needed to.

As Mac said earlier, the one guy I’d be seriously pissed off with if I was a Wexican is Stafford. Any limited thug could have come on and tried to wind up Whelan (and done a better job at it). That’s a real lack of self belief in your abilities to just engage in that sort of shite when the game is starting to drift away.

Was onto Tinnion last night and he said that nearly every Wexford player shouldered his man after shaking hands with him at the start of the game…

Nothing necessarily wrong with that but it shows that they were obviously told to do that by Ryan…

Doesn’t look good if that was all they had…

I didnt see any of the forwards doing it farmer, and definately none of the midfielders coz I remember looking at them to see if they would start jostling early. Colm Morris to Keaney was the only one I saw doing it, and maybe some other backs, but I didnt see it, only commenting on what I saw. Ross McConnell came on as a sub and went straight into Banville and did the same as Stafford. Started shouldering and pushing and stepping on his feet. Looked ridiculous, but not half as bad as Stafford as it seemed he had only one intention, and his footballing showed him up for that too.

Lads, what would you do for midfield the next day. Bradley will have to be pulled back to start there. Who would you put beside him seeing as all of the other 3 were shown up for what they were yesterday - suppose it depends on who we draw. I’d love to play the winners of the Limerick Kildare game but mainly avoid an Ulster team at all costs.

In general, would you make any changes the next day?

I still cant understand why we left 3 men in the full forward line when we couldnt get the ball past midfield. He was worried about Laois’s midfield so he crowded it by playing 3 there but why not do the same yesterday. Whelan and Ryan must have thought it was Christmas - and to think that those same to players were played off the park by Nicky Lambert and David Fogarty in 2005.

[quote=“Mac”]Lads, what would you do for midfield the next day. Bradley will have to be pulled back to start there. Who would you put beside him seeing as all of the other 3 were shown up for what they were yesterday - suppose it depends on who we draw. I’d love to play the winners of the Limerick Kildare game but mainly avoid an Ulster team at all costs.

In general, would you make any changes the next day?

I still cant understand why we left 3 men in the full forward line when we couldnt get the ball past midfield. He was worried about Laois’s midfield so he crowded it by playing 3 there but why not do the same yesterday. Whelan and Ryan must have thought it was Christmas - and to think that those same to players were played off the park by Nicky Lambert and David Fogarty in 2005.[/quote]

The next game is the big one mac, a real chance for the lads to redeem themselves after yesterdays disaster. It would be a real pity if whats been a fantastic year so far ends on yesterdays sour note. that team are a lot better than Sundays performance.

The midfield pairing would depend on who we were playing, horses for courses etc. Play against a pair of big fellas i’d nearly start howlin and boccy again, otherwise maybe howlin and colfer? Stafford just doesn’t have the head for this level and id prefer to leave eric in the half forward line. Its a real pity that Kinsella aint around.

The full back line is the other major worry, it about time Wallace was dropped, but can Jason make the call? David Walshe played full back for the U-21s last year, maybe he is the man to fill this problem position. We’ve got to find someone because i doubt if Phillip will last another year. I’d be reticent about starting Muttley again as he is inclined to let the head drop too quickly when things go against him and start needless fouling. Malone had a dire game yesterday but i’d say that was a once off, cause he is a classy player overall.

As for the qualifiers, I’d be happy with a home draw and then whoever. If Jason can get the lads heads up after yesterday there could be a bit of mileage in this team yet.

Is there home advantage in Round 3 of the qualifiers? I dont think so?