Wexford GAA 2008

he’s got the suspensions to show it gavin…

Did Whelan get suspended for:

(a) Punching Nigel Crawford from Meath in the face
(:wink: Swinging Ronan McGarrity around the neck nearly causing him whiplash

Both in full view of the ref…

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Did Whelan get suspended for:

Both in full view of the ref…[/quote]

Add punching Nicky Lambert in the face in 2005 to that list.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Did Whelan get suspended for:

Both in full view of the ref…[/quote]

he’d be better if he had as his whole career seems to be judged on them 2 moments!!! instead of being noted for giving some exhibitions of fielding and attacking midfield play he gave in that great pantheon of irish sport that is croke park …in the white heat of battle that only a fixture involving dublin can gnerate…ahoy…

ha ha…now your scraping the barrel…nicky cud play without a ball himself…

No. I rate Whelan as a footballer. I thought he had an excellent year last year for instance and was easily the best midfielder in the country.

You started giving Dara O’Se abuse for getting away with stuff on the football field. Gavin mentioned that Ciaran Whelan gets away with it as well. You said he didn’t as he has suspensions to prove it. I gave a list of instances where he committed sending off offences right under the nose of the referee and he wasn’t dismissed and now you come on spouting some sort of waffle about him being a great footballer and never actually addressed the point.

Just so we are clear here…

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]No. I rate Whelan as a footballer. I thought he had an excellent year last year for instance and was easily the best midfielder in the country.

You started giving Dara O’Se abuse for getting away with stuff on the football field. Gavin mentioned that Ciaran Whelan gets away with it as well. You said he didn’t as he has suspensions to prove it. I gave a list of instances where he committed sending off offences right under the nose of the referee and he wasn’t dismissed and now you come on spouting some sort of waffle about him being a great footballer and never actually addressed the point.

Just so we are clear here…[/quote]

a list? you gave the 2 incidents that everybody refers to…by the same token he got nailed with a very harsh suspension(in length) for Meath game this year…in my humble opinion O’ se isn’t monitored half as much as whelan and has done a hell of a lot more…

Thats just two incidents off the top of the head though, he’s always at it. Same last year punching gerathy out over the line and not getting a word spoking too. Whenever something does happpen he goes up and rubs the referees hole and shoulder to try and lick up to him, the referee feels good about himself then and lets him away with it, drives me mad.

Another couple of wankers are Gormley and McMenimam from Tyrone.

As opposed to what you gave for O’Se…

Surely if he throws a punch in every match then you could come up with one or two actual examples…

Whelan didnt even try fight his suspension from the Meath game this year, he was caught throwing a punch by everyone watching it.

What he done to McGarrity was a disgrace.

[quote=“myboyblue”]Whelan didnt even try fight his suspension from the Meath game this year, he was caught throwing a punch by everyone watching it.

What he done to McGarrity was a disgrace.[/quote]

it was an open handed slap (not like O’ Se’s closed fist against Cork in munster final)…as for magarritty, whelan was blinded by the sun when he jumped and mistook magarritty’s head for the ball and tried to claw it out of the sky…a tragic accident…

not to mention the kung fu kick on deely or barry (can’t remember) for which he only got a 2nd yellow

'Twas David Murphy who felt the brunt of this particular one if I recall correctly.

told ya i could’nt remember

Right, now that I know you’re taking the piss I can leave this thread so.

Ah yeah, and there was really a wasp on Paddy Russells notebook as well!!

Yeah twas Murphy alright. The durty Whelan fuck. Smiling and clapping to the crowd as he walked off the field after gettting the red and Murphy still in agony behind him.

Worrying news for anyone interested in women’s passtimes. Wexford’s key player, Kate Kelly, is stricken with tonsolitis a mere 2 days ahead of the All-Ireland semi-final against Galway in Kilkenny on Saturday. She’s been unable to train all week and must be considered extremely doubtful. Galway have a ‘bird’ called Jessica Gill who can knock over frees from 100 yards and she should be on their hurling team as she’s more physical than most of the lads they have playing upfront. A pity the Dublin game was put back a week as these semi-finals might have been televised live otherwise and there’s not much that’s funnier than women trying to play sport. Up Wexford!

Lads,

The Dublin Branch of the Wexford GAA Supporters Club are looking at putting on an event prior to the semi final on 31st August to benefit anyone travelling to Dublin from Wexford (or indeed anywhere). Its in the early stages of planning but we’re looking at something like a brunch in the Stillorgan Park Hotel with a courtesy bus running across to Croker before the match and back from Croker after the game. Parking would be provided free of charge in the Stillorgan Park. The cost would probably be around e20 all inclusive.

At this stage we’re just trying to gauge what level of interest there would be in something like this. Would any of you travelling up from Wexford be interested? You wouldnt have to worry about parking around Croke Park and could get a nice bit of grub (and possibly a few drinks) in before the game. If any of you think you’d be interested, please let me know - or at least post your opinions anyway!

Cheers

[quote=“Mac”]Lads,

The Dublin Branch of the Wexford GAA Supporters Club are looking at putting on an event prior to the semi final on 31st August to benefit anyone travelling to Dublin from Wexford (or indeed anywhere). Its in the early stages of planning but we’re looking at something like a brunch in the Stillorgan Park Hotel with a courtesy bus running across to Croker before the match and back from Croker after the game. Parking would be provided free of charge in the Stillorgan Park. The cost would probably be around e20 all inclusive.

At this stage we’re just trying to gauge what level of interest there would be in something like this. Would any of you travelling up from Wexford be interested? You wouldnt have to worry about parking around Croke Park and could get a nice bit of grub (and possibly a few drinks) in before the game. If any of you think you’d be interested, please let me know - or at least post your opinions anyway!

Cheers[/quote]

Will there be wibbly wobbly wonders, magnums, soleros and the like too or will everyone just get a brunch in The Stillorgan Park? 20 for a brunch seems quite excessive. I bought 4 of them in Fresh on my way home from work yesterday as a treat for myself, Appendage, Jugs and cesc4 and the cumulative cost was only 5.16. But if the money gets reinvested into the development of Wexford GAA then I won’t mind paying 20 for a brunch so much.