Wexford GAA 2008

Where are they on? I might head down. Are you going?

sure am- love the cheese chasing element - they are on in vineger hill

I’ve been out and about in Wexford town the last couple of nights and I didn’t hear one blast of Dancing At The Crossroads. On the other hand, I heard ‘I Kissed A Girl…’ by Katy Perry on several occasions. Disappointing but I won’t let it get to me.

My main concern ahead of tomorrow is Tyrone’s running game, their ability to interchange and the fluidity of their movement. With all due respect to Down and Armagh, the former had Coulter inside and the latter had the twin Clarke and McDonnell threat and both gameplans revolved entirely around launching long diagonal balls into the full forward line. Our sweeper system more or less negated that tactic and we were able to get enough ball inside to our quality forwards to win the games.

It appears to me that Tyrone have more variety to their game. They can go direct into Cavanagh or he can roam away from the full forward line. They can hit McGuigan and mcCullough in the corners early or they can use Harte, Jordan, McGinley and Dooher to carry the ball forward. They can also work the ball into Brian McGuigan at #11 and use his playmaking skills so they basically have a shit load of options.

We’ll need to work our balls off to beat them and lads have to take responsibility for tracking runs all over the park. We have enough firepower to beat them but to get the ball to Forde, Lyng et al we’ll first have to do the dirty work all over the field. I’m gagging for this now.

I also reckon Gormley will mark Forde. Pat McEneaney is refereeing our game by the way.

Live on TG4 at the moment. Cant find any station covering the trout tickling though

ESPN - you might get streaming for it if you dont have espn

i would just like to pass on my best wishes to the wexford footballers and their fans ahead of the big match tomorrow…hope ye give it socks to fuck…

Cheers for the shout Mac. You can watch the best comedy movies ever made or clips of the world’s greatest stand-up comedians on YouTube but there’s nothing quite as funny as women trying to play sport, especially the goalkeepers.

Leona Tector just got a goal that any man would be proud of but its too little too late

I’m truly gutted by that result.

I’d pity the caretaker in Pairc Tailteann having to clear the hair out of the shower drains after that beast fest

Just bringing this thread back to GAA after Mac’s earlier intervention and discussion of womens’ hobbies. We’ll again need to call on our panel depth and I expect a few of Niall Murphy, Deely, Stafford, Howlin, Flynn and Roche to play important parts from the bench.

I hope the next time I post on here Wexford will have reached the All-Ireland Football Final, Celtic will have pumped the Huns and I’ll have bagged a fatty in Copper’s. Good luck to all involved with Wexford tomorrow. Enjoy the rest of the night and safe home.

See ye outside the ladies so lad

Tell ya what bandy.

If ye win the game after us tomorrow; I’ll even go into Coppers to find ya!

Ciarn Lyng has had a good pop at John Meyler in the local papers for his comments last week. Well in Lynger. He said he has no intention whatsoever of playing for the hurlers next season, especially now after Meyler’s crass statement in the midst of the footballers’ preparations last week. Meyler’s an arsehole. On another note, welcome home Richie Kehoe!

fair play to Lyng. I said over on the supporters page that Myler should never have said those comments at that time, whether he has that opinion or not. Should have waited til next season and talked to the guys personally, rather than go public about it. He needs to get some media relations courses, he’s an absolute drip when it comes to making statements.

I think it had more to do with attention seeking than any lack of cop on.

I still think it’s both funny and ridiculous to look at the championship tables in the local papers to see that most teams have played only 1 game and it’s now into September. The championships will need to be run off pretty quickly now to ensure we have representatives in the Leinster club championship.