Wexford GAA 2008

Gusserane and Kilanerin won today

Gusserane won comfortably enough by about 7 points, and Kilanerin won by two points despite going down to 14 men in the second half.

Was just going to check aretel Newport, thanks for the post. Were you at any of the games?

Worrying times Ncc, Wexford football would be fooked if them lads had to leave. Times are a changing and it aint for the good.

The main news from Wexford today is that the mighty Sarsfields GFC secured their senior status when defeating Castletown by 1-6 to 0-7.

Bad result for Castletown, the once mighty Duffry also in trouble after losing to Ballyhogue

your hit list seems to comprehensively cover all the questions on our restless minds…however I fear you’ll do well to resolve more than half of the answers you seek. Perhaps TFK should call upon a certain fellow school mate and chorister (one who’s figure is distinctly more suitable for espionage than your good self) known to dabble in and elude the underbelly of deceit which plagues the shores of wexford.
I trust the truth will prevail somewhere down the line

Great interview with John Myler on Newstalk yesterday. The crux of it was he has no time whatsoever for Ger Doyle and that he reckons it was an inside job. Oh, and he really holds Damien Fitz in high regard, I mean really high.

I was at the games in Wex park yeah, standard wasn’t great. The Horeswood/Kilanerin game was quite poor, Banville was Horeswoods only real threat. Forde seems to be struggling with injury, scored a couple of nice points but is no where near himself.

Gusserane were very good in patches against Starlights, who were poor overall.

Ye’ll have yer man by the October Bank Holiday

Yet another TFK exclusive.

Anyone at home know what the Fixtures Committee have come up with in terms of replaying Adamstown/Shelmaliers? Are we going to forfeit playing in the Leinster club championship or are they going to make the winners play twice over the one weekend or maybe fit in a game under lights on a midweek night or something to get the championship finished in time?

You’d imagine playing midweek would be the best option? There’s plenty of pitches around the county that could handle it.

Mick Dempsey for the Wexford manager job.

fixtures up on the supporters site there bandage. Final is down for november the first. probably some team complaingin tho about playing x amount of games in a row or something tho and get delayed again.

I take it Meyler and Fitzhenry would be the only two involved with Wexford last year to have a senior intercounty all-ireland medal in their arse pocket?

So the county champions are playing Navan the day after the county final are they? Provided there’s no draws from here on in…

You know I never understood how John Myler got the gig in the first place.

Any ideas before I start the rumour that Wexican’t set up a Cork Man

Eoin Quigley won an All Ireland Youths Soccer Cup with one of Mick Wallace’s sides. Darren Stamp might have been on that team too actually. It’s pretty apparent that hurling people in Wexford are happy enough Meyler’s gone but the average nomark who listens to local radio and gets off on ringing into these shows is rather appalled. I guess some more of our players might have won All Ireland medals had they done a Meyler and moved away from their native county to play with a more successful one in hurling terms like Cork or Kilkenny and joined one of the biggest clubs in the particular county at the time too.

so he moved to Cork solely to win an all-ireland ? thought it was job related…i would expect any intercounty player who was looking for a club in a different county to join one of the more competitive clubs…good chance to prove himself where competition is strong for places… instead of joining some s*itty club where straight away he would be the big name and new hero…I think he actually captained Finbarr’s to an all-ireland…

I’m not criticising him for moving to Cork, rather that had some of our players moved to other counties they too might have won All Ireland medals.