Wexford GAA 2008

[quote=“Bandage”]Didn’t bother going to Wexford Park today as I had my fill of getting soaked and freezing my nuts off at the Faythe Harriers game yesterday. I heard Kilanerin defeated defending champions Clongeen in their semi-final clash but I don’t know who won the quarter final replay between Adamstown and Shelmaliers.

[/quote]

Shels won that one, so they now play Gusserane next weekend.

Ballyboden st.Endas female stick hurling team bet rathnure today

[quote=“Bandage”]
In other news, David O’Connor is being interviewed on South East Radio tonight between 6pm and 7pm during the sport hour.[/quote]

That chap is turning into a right local media whore. He’d be better off spending that time reading volume 1 of “How to stop your significantly shorter opponent from fielding balls above your head.”

or even the book by the lookout on the titanic on sensing and avoiding danger !

[quote=“Bandage”]

In other news, David O’Connor is being interviewed on South East Radio tonight between 6pm and 7pm during the sport hour.[/quote]

Did anyone hear what DOC had to say? Do we have an official TFK report on it?

The two-time All Star nominated Wexford defender ('01 + '04), who held Henry Shefflin scoreless in the 2005 Leinster Final and who recovered from conceding an early goal to Damien Culleton to thoroughly dominate the Laois corner forward in the provincial semi-final against Laois that same season and who featured in the Irish Independent team of the week based on his display in that game, spoke candidly and more or less repeated the message from the newspaper article I posted last week. Ger Doyle was also being interviewed so I guess the players decided they couldn’t allow him free rein.

I reckon there’s always room for a bit of rumour mongering on an internet forum.

It seems quite odd that Jason Ryan hasn’t officially been ratified as Wexford football manager for next season yet.

Ger Doyle said on South East Radio that they would be speaking to Jason again in the coming days after receiving his ‘want list’ for next season.

Well, I heard our esteemed Chairman baulked at Jason’s requested ‘expenses’ for next season.

It looks like the official Association mileage rate will have to be tweaked considerably upwards in Wexford.

Ger Doyle is one man who i can’t stand. If Jason Ryan is not there next year, Ger will be getting death threats in his letterbox, not saying it’s going to be me but that’s how much people rate Ryan in Wexford.

Would he not be getting them anyway, Jason or no Jason?

Poor enough games yesterday in the park. Kilanerin played well and hold the ball well, and clongeen left too much to do when they had the wind. Second game was dire, only for it was close and there was a few heated moments in it, it would have been pretty much unwatchable. Gusserane I’d think will beat Shels, but Kilanerin I think will win it out.

Matty worked with MCR too bandage, dont want someone with your attention to detail to be misinformed!

WRT doyle and the Meyler saga, it seems like doyle had Kevin Ryan pinned all along. It’ll be interesting to see who gets appointed, but the whole thing became a mess, and to be honest, the players who were being shafted by both Meyler and the co board at the start are the ones coming out the best. They have stayed away from the blame game and name calling, and just stated their part.

And on DOC, I think he had one of his better years in a while once he settled into centre back, so hopefully he wont be moved around to different positions and let him settle and command a precence which he can do.

DOC seems to have got a bad time by Wexicans here in the last while. A couple have had a right cut at him. Makes ya wonder what sort of fans we have at times. Thank god he doesn’t read this forum or he might be wondering why he puts the effort in at all.

that’s a loaded post there PM

no -one doubts the effort he puts in, it’s whether that’s good enough or are we not allowed to comment on his worthiness of a shirt ?

and as an aside none of it has been at his personal life or life off the pitch (with the exception of bandage’s humourous aside) it has all been about his performances or lack thereof on the pitch

we’re on 4 managers in 5 years now and a similar set of players
something tells me our woes are not down to the managers…

also are we not allowed to comment on ger doyle’s performances given your post above ?

[quote=“artfoley”]that’s a loaded post there PM

no -one doubts the effort he puts in, it’s whether that’s good enough or are we not allowed to comment on his worthiness of a shirt ?

and as an aside none of it has been at his personal life or life off the pitch (with the exception of bandage’s humourous aside) it has all been about his performances or lack thereof on the pitch

we’re on 4 managers in 5 years now and a similar set of players
something tells me our woes are not down to the managers…

also are we not allowed to comment on ger doyle’s performances given your post above ?[/quote]

Ger Doyle is an utter utter cunt.

Strange to understand why DOC has been singled out alright. There’s been more than him to shout abuse at over the years. What about Rory Jacobs greediness, Mick Jacobs inability to hurl in the forwards, Stephen Doyles cowardness, Stephen Banvilles belly, Willie Dorans eyebrows - but yet it always comes back on DOC.

I know some of the panellists used to read the supporters site, i wonder do they read over here as well since it was “advertised” on the supporters site?

[quote=“Mac”]Ger Doyle is an utter utter cunt.

Strange to understand why DOC has been singled out alright. There’s been more than him to shout abuse at over the years. What about Rory Jacobs greediness, Mick Jacobs inability to hurl in the forwards, Stephen Doyles cowardness, Stephen Banvilles belly, Willie Dorans eyebrows - but yet it always comes back on DOC.

I know some of the panellists used to read the supporters site, i wonder do they read over here as well since it was “advertised” on the supporters site?[/quote]

I think art has articulately described why he is singled out.

As for players reading fora - including this one, no doubt they are. Infact I’d say some even contribute to various fora. Who’s to say that puke isn’t Brian O’Connell or Ger O’Grady? How are we, anonymous forum posters, to know if he is playing us all for fools?

i think it is fairly obvious from my posts that i am ger loughnane:p

[quote=“Appendage”]I think art has articulately described why he is singled out.

As for players reading fora - including this one, no doubt they are. Infact I’d say some even contribute to various fora. Who’s to say that puke isn’t Brian O’Connell or Ger O’Grady? How are we, anonymous forum posters, to know if he is playing us all for fools?[/quote]

True. Someone once told me that dancarter was Donal g Cusack and the rugby was just a front and that Mairegangaire was Anthony Lynch. You’d have to wonder about these lads that are active posters during the winter but then are no-where to be seen during the summer months.

I think some people get entrenched in their views on a particular player or team at times and tend to blame/criticise them irrespective of what’s transpired in a game. Citing a game against Laois from 2005 as primary evidence of Doc’s failings strikes me as being very irrational and pretty odd, especially given his recovery and subsequent good performance after conceding an early goal in that match. At least pick a game where the criticism is valid - there are plenty of options to choose from.

the reaon I selected the laois was the consumate ease with which he was turned inside out for the goal, if you can’t do it against laois, you can’t do it against the big boys

the sharp intake of breath from wexicans every time the DOC’s man gets the ball is akin to the one the kilkenny lads have when fast eddie is bearing down on goal and for similar reasons. They both think that a score is coming

Funnily, DOC is rated highly in Kilkenny.

Could be for their own selfish reasons though.

[quote=“Pikeman”]Funnily, DOC is rated highly in Kilkenny.

Could be for their own selfish reasons though.[/quote]

probably the way we rate mcgarry or donnacha cody :wink: