Wexford GAA 2008

it doesn’t say too much for the strength in depth of wexford hurling if DOC is the corner stone of the defence…

[quote=“artfoley”]morag is on H & A ? dunno if that’s a compliment or an insult

anyway, my point being that there was 10 goals scored in 4 games in 02 and DOCwas not nominated for an allstar in spite of (according to bandage) playing well against the all ireland champions

so the reasonable man could easily constru that DOC did not have a good 2002[/quote]

Pay attention art. I mentioned he was nominated for All Stars in 2001 and 2004, not 2002.

He was excellent in the Leinster Final against Kilkenny that year (2002), a game we lost 0-19 to 0-17 if memory serves me correctly and that’s the game I pinpointed earlier.

Good to see it’s down to 10 goals conceded that year now after your earlier claim of 12. Doc was not at fault for those 10 goals, nor a large proportion of them either.

In fairness he’s worth his place on the team, it’s good to have someone running around in slow motion to keep things calm at the back.

This year wasn’t his first good season for Wexford - he’s had a number of them now.

One of the best players we had this year. And if you say that he’s been poor the last few years well then it’s a sign of a good player to step up to the mark to recover form and play well in what is the most pivotal position on a hurling team.

jesus bandage

did he say yes to you in a nightclub ?

I’d be delighted if he makes it, because legends are in short supply in our backline, hell the whole team but I have massive reservations

Have you been snorting ketamine?

Pikeman you’ve changed your tune of late

[quote=“artfoley”]4 good games in 6 years, is that what yo’re saying ?

just as a matter of interest bandage

how many goals did we ship in those years in all gamesin the championship, if memory serves me rightly it was something like 12 in 4 games in 02, but sure we can put them down to darragh and fitzy ?[/quote]

Wexford played 3 c’ship games in 02.

v Dub
v KK - No goals
v Clare - 3 goals

Now if memory serves me correctly, which I am 100% sure that it is, he didn’t actually play against Dublin due to injury. But that was in Thurles so you wouldn’t actually have been there. No live TV either. I think Wexford shipped 3 goals that day too.

Would have to say Wexford’s answer to Usain Bolt was at fault for Tony Carmody’s goal in Portlaoise that night though.

[quote=“Appendage”]Wexford played 3 c’ship games in 02.

v Dub
v KK - No goals
v Clare - 3 goals

Now if memory serves me correctly, which I am 100% sure that it is, he didn’t actually play against Dublin due to injury. But that was in Thurles so you wouldn’t actually have been there. No live TV either. I think Wexford shipped 3 goals that day too.

Would have to say Wexford’s answer to Usain Bolt was at fault for Tony Carmody’s goal in Portlaoise that night though.[/quote]

It pissed rain for that Dublin match and I think they scored a goal or 2 in the last couple of minutes. Maybe if Doc was there in the defence he would have shored it up that day…

No it didn’t piss it was more like a series of monsoons.

Ryan came off with a hamstring injury when Wexford were miles ahead, I think Skippy went full back and all hell broke loose. Dublin did indeed get goals near the end to make it a nervous last few minutes in the stand that day.

[quote=“Appendage”]No it didn’t piss it was more like a series of monsoons.

Ryan came off with a hamstring injury when Wexford were miles ahead, I think Skippy went full back and all hell broke loose. Dublin did indeed get goals near the end to make it a nervous last few minutes in the stand that day.[/quote]

Posh boy over in the stand. Us minnions on the terrace couldnt see the last 5 or 10 mins cos the rain was so heavy.

was in the terrace too that day! some disaster! Tried to move in and out of the entrance to get some shelter along with hundreds others and the stewards who were giving out like fook.

Altho one of the lads got a sliothar to add to his terrace collection. He has about 5 now, one of the best ones was the day we beat Waterford in KK and he got a sliothar from a huge point Stamp scored. He nearly killed people to get it, jumping all over the place to grab it.

The game against Clare was a disaster tho. Cant remember it with too much detail, just remember one goal at the town end where either Fitzy or a defender batted a clearance straight to a Clare forward who rattled it in. We were shocking that day, but AFAIK, it was the saturday after the Leinster final, and I remember a few lads at the game had the Fiana Fail posters for Dempsey waving around.

I think Arts credability is taking a beating here too. Well, whats left of it anyway. I suppose legal representatives dont push facts too much anyway and just make the argument sound good eh?:stuck_out_tongue:

To recap!

art initally said that we conceded 12 goals in 4 games in 2002 in a debate about the merits of Doc as a player. His ‘well, they were hardly Darragh or Fitzy’s fault’ line of posting seemed to place the blame firmly at Doc’s door.

Some challenged art’s conclusions but he continued peddling this argument, while others were storing actual facts in their pockets for use at a later point.

art revised his goal concession tally down to 10 last night, which was a start, but persisted with blaming Doc. I acknowledged the downwards revision was a welcome development but others, who are keen dealers in facts, remained on the outside of the debate observing matters.

However, art’s generalisations and inaccuracies were blown out of the water by Appendage’s post this morning which revealed we played 3 games in 2002 and conceded 6 goals.

More to the point, Doc was injured for the Dublin game where 3 of those goals were conceded and didn’t play any part in that game. He did, however, play against Kilkenny, where no goals were conceded and against Clare in a game where he was perhaps at fault for one of the 3 goals.

In conclusion, art will not let facts get in the way of an argument and his apparent personal dislike of Doc seems to be clouding his hurling judgement. Either that or he doesn’t know much about hurling.

In Arts defense i present item of evidence 1.

That post wasn’t referring to his hurling ability. The comment was a general observation.

[quote=“Bandage”]To recap!

personal dislike of Doc [/quote]

I’ll put it down to this then

so you’d have doc taken out and shot through nothing to do with his hurling ability and yet you accuse me of having a deep personal hatred of him and my posts having nothing to do with his lack of speed, awareness of where his man is or fielding ability ?

art, I know you like a row and back and forth but you made up a load of stuff that was blatantly inaccurate and you’re still persisting with it. It strikes me as pretty irrational.