Wexford GAA 2008

[quote=“padjo”]Now there’s a blast from the past. what ever happened to that fella?

Him and Nicky Lambert, two of vols finest, but nowhere near inter-county standard.[/quote]

Go way outta dat ya clown.

Mallon was an excellent corner back during his short career.

Rory Mallon was a superb hurler and would have been a cornerstone of the Wexford team if he was bothered.

Ifs, buts and maybes

Ye can take of your Wexford town tinted glasses there boys, Mallon wouldn’t have, couldn’t have and didn’t make it

[quote=“padjo”]Ifs, buts and maybes

Ye can take of your Wexford town tinted glasses there boys, Mallon wouldn’t have, couldn’t have and didn’t make it[/quote]
Wasn’t he nominated for an All Star in his debut season?

Ye can take of your Wexford town tinted glasses there boys, Mallon wouldn’t have, couldn’t have and didn’t make it[/quote]

But he did! He was out standing in his 3 games at left corner back in 2001 - especially against Eoin Kelly in the draw and replay. That’s making it.

He was also a superb minor and a brilliant wing back on the 01 under 21 team.

No.

Bogger.

What more could he have done in 2001? Thoroughly excellent for the seniors in every game he played and a lynchpin of the Lenister winning U-21 side that was pipped in the All-Ireland final. He made it in every sense of the word and but for his own desire to fook off to America he would have been someone to build a team around.

Hurling or football?

Scrabble maybe?

Hurling I’m told

Seriously?

I posted that as a pisstake…

Ah, wait now - just realised it was a mistake on my part. Football, not hurling. :eek:

If I find out that any of ye feckers knew that Wexford were playin Leitrim in a challenge last Saturday in my back yard (Athlone/Moate), and didn’t send me a PM about it … I won’t be happy …

All I know is Leitrim won by “several points”, but I imagine it would have been a shadow Wexford team anyway.

I fully understand that the nature of challenge matches is that they’re kept kinda hush-hush beforehand. Still didn’t stop a sizeable contingent of my Leitrim “friends” hearing about it in advance!

This was posted on the Wx Supporters site, thought it was under hurling but just re-checked and it was football. Was wondering why everyone was so quiet about it!!

Looks like the selectors were looking in to TFK.com and took our advice about playing a few minors against Leitrim. Bit late but at least the youngsters got a run out this year representing the seniors.

I can’t fathom why we’d want to lower ourselves by taking on this pack of misfits again only a week or two after beating them comfortably while playing at about 20% of our potential. All I can think of is that the selectors are planning for the possibility of Carlow shocking Meath in the championship and are getting more match practice against a similarly limited team.

How did ye guess?

I see Richie Keohe has done a Mallon on it now and jumped ship for the States. You just cant trust them townies!

I have to say Mylers comments into todays papers about Keohe were a bit unwarranted all the same. The hurlers aint a happy camp by the looks of it.

What’d he say Padjo?

Actually just found what he said. Disappointed he let his feelings out to the press:

“To say I am annoyed is an understatement. I feel so let down by Richie’s decision.
You don’t arrive at this type of decision overnight.
It just does not make sense, but then again its difficult to understand the mentality of some players. Loyalty is out the window, unfortuantely, with some.
All of this despite inter-county players having so much going for them…”

[quote=“Pikeman”]Actually just found what he said. Disappointed he let his feelings out to the press:

“To say I am annoyed is an understatement. I feel so let down by Richie’s decision.
You don’t arrive at this type of decision overnight.
It just does not make sense, but then again its difficult to understand the mentality of some players. Loyalty is out the window, unfortuantely, with some.
All of this despite inter-county players having so much going for them…”
[/quote]

Ah for fuck sake, this fella really would depress you at times. Why wash your feckin dirty clothes in public (maybe that should go into the annoying office jargon thread!) - keep it to yourself. Is it any wonder that the players dont want to play for him?

You can only wonder what the team spirit is like, I hate to say it but the problems have been there from January with the disagreement over training which I exclusively revealed on TFK.

A good few of us move in GAA circles with friends (and friends of friends) in or around the panel, let’s try and post all the stories good or bad the we hear up here. Latest one I’ve heard is that a senior club is considering “pulling the plug” and withdrawing their players from the panel.