Wexford GAA 2012

Was Carton our first choice keeper last season? I canā€™t even remember such was my bewilderment at things under the previous regime.

I think it was Niall ā€˜Nestyā€™ Breen (to use the correct RTE commentator manner of announcing him).

Fairly sure Nicky Quaid was your first choice keeper last season.

[quote=ā€œMac, post: 637581ā€]

Fairly sure Nicky Quaid was your first choice keeper last season.[/quote]

Ah yes. :lol:

Imagine the shame if we get eliminated by Limerick in the championship 3 years in a row.

Pretty sure it was Tipp who knocked ye out in 2010

Iā€™m getting quite shown up here. Must have been 2009 then when Limerick beat us in a rain-drenched Wexford Park.

Yes it was. It was the scabs who were hurling for Limerick in 2010 and they were beaten by Offaly

[quote=ā€œchewy louie, post: 637585ā€]

Yes it was. It was the scabs who were hurling for Limerick in 2010 and they were beaten by Offaly[/quote]

Where do the years go at all at all?

Just another thing, Dunne clarified his comments from a couple of months back about retirements within that article too. I was right (as per usual) at the time when I said he wasnā€™t necessarily referring to age. He was basically saying ā€˜fuck off if youā€™re not willing to put in the required commitmentā€™ and it wasnā€™t necessarily directed to the experienced players only. Also good that heā€™s keeping the squad open both to motivate those in it to maintain standards and those out of it to keep working hard to get in.

I see 3 forum members made the papers at home this week with their twitter comments about the proposed Wexford Jersey.

:clap:

TFK, the heartbeat of wexford gaa. :clap:

On a related note, any idea why the pic of the jersey has been removed from wex gaa site and Facebook page?

yeah i mentioned this in the twitter thread, dean goodison has little to be doingā€¦ thankfully i dont believe i was mentionedā€¦

in other news leinster are down in the interpro, but i hear from my on site correspondent that Jamesā€™ man, graeme molloy is going wellā€¦

Championship draw currently on

St.James are in Group A of intermediate with Taghmon in first round ā€¦ more soon

also in Group B of the Intermediate draw are Starlighs, Kilrush, Barntown , Taghmon , St,James and one other

Group B of senior is Clongeen, Horeswoord, Fethard and Gusserane where one side will have to face relegation

Sen football group A: Sars, Castletown, Adamstown, Shels, Duffry, Martinā€™sā€¦
.B: Anneā€™s, Horeswood, Gusserane, Fethard, Clongeen, Kilanerin.

Senior Football Draw

Group A: S[font=HelveticaNeue]arsfields[/font], Castletown, Adamstown, Shelmaliers, Duffry Rovers, St Martinā€™s.

[font=HelveticaNeue]Group B: St Anneā€™s, Horeswood, Gusserane, Fethard, Clongeen, Kilanerin.[/font]

[font=HelveticaNeue]Not a bad draw, I guess.[/font]

Best of luck to Sarsfields CLG for the year ahead

Senior Hurling Draw

[font=HelveticaNeue]Group A: Rathnure, Glynn-Barntown, Faythe Harriers, Buffers Alley, Shelmaliers, Ferns.[/font]

[font=HelveticaNeue]Group B: Oulart-The Ballagh, St Martinā€™s, Rapparees, Cloughbawn, Adamstown, St Anneā€™s.[/font]

Horeswood will be delighted with that.

Thanks chewy. With legendary former Wexford senior football and hurling manager Tony Dempsey in charge, nothing is impossible.