Wexford GAA 2012

Wouldnt have thought he was anything special, didnt stand out to me.

Best for Leinster were Glynn, Keenan, Molloy and Reilly. Brogan’s showed their lack of game time, Connolly was dire and Michael Dara MacAuley was worse, shocked Brendan Murphy was on the bench only.

Glynn? Ah here. Molloy was meh, ok but nothing special. You somehow overlooked Healy by the way.

Panel looked overloaded on midfielders, yet somehow MDM managed to start, bad team selection imo. As for Kevin McMananananananamon, jaysus. It was a good game though, some fantastic scores, Hurney had a fine game for Munster.

Sure with a bit of luck against Longford you’ll get to have another look in the Leinster quarter-final and see what you missed out on today,

Fighting words in February when I mention the Leinster full back only played ok :lol:

not so sure they will to be honest Croppy. They generally, IMO, play better against teams not from Ross. They seem to struggle more against neighbouring clubs, but put in better performances against the Wexford/North teams. Tough group though, Horeswood will make it through, and all of the other 5 would be confident of making it through too. Hard to call the 2 who finish bottom.

the other group is slightly weaker. Well, weaker in that it depends on what the Martins do. And dont know how Duffry are going this year, but they havent set things alight lately.

Hurling is much the same as before really. A couple of big teams to go through, and the rest fighting for scraps. Hopefully though having less teams overall will keep scorelines and games tighter.

What kind of team are Wexford likely to put out in the hurling at the weekend. Could an ambush be on the cards

Interesting points Gman, when is the last time they lost to a team from the New Ross District. I can only remember them defeating Fethard and hammering Taghmon in 2010 really.

Looking at it logically the favourites from that group for relegation would be Clongeen and Fethard, but you can never bring logic into it when Fethard are involved. Gusserane could just as easily top the group as be relegated, you never know what attitude they’ll take into a campaign.

The six-team group in the Junior hurling has some lovely New Ross derbys with St James’, Bannow, Gusserane and the Gers involved.

true about Gusserane. Fethard, Gusserane and Clongeen (I think) have beaten Horeswood in recent years (well recent, within the last 6 or 7 or thereabouts). Whilst undoubtadly better than the 3 of them, they are often quite close games. as you say with logic and Fethard, the same could really be said about when teams from Ross play each other. form quite often goes out the window.

Horeswood beat clongeen and fethard by 2 and 1 points last year, so good close games.

Junior hurling in Ross is where its at alright! Bout time ye moved up the grades.

We usually struggle when playing them in Belfast. It’ll also be the first competitive game where there’s a blend of the Walsh Cup development squad and some older players. I’d be looking for a decent performance but wouldn’t be surprised to see Antrim pushing us close if they’re at full strength or close to it (apart from the Loughiel players of course) or even winning. I wouldn’t put anyone off backing Antrim at 7/2. You would think that Wallace has them well primed for this game to start the league off well.

[quote=“Gman, post: 637607”]

Junior hurling in Ross is where its at alright! Bout time ye moved up the grades.[/quote]

Eh don’t you fuckin know it…

Two promotions in three years is what I’d call moving up the grades Gman.

Bout time ye stopped moving down the grades.

Double post.

wasnt meant as a dig Croppy. should have been up there sooner is all.

im not one to overreact but…death to gman…

Idiots have gone with a version of the jersey that is 90% gold not a patch on the previous one posted.

WEXFORD manager Lam Dunne has come up with a new sponsorship drive for the county’s Senior hurlers.

Given the financial situation of Wexford G.A.A. Board, Dunne is now anxious to try to make the Senior hurling set-up more self-financing.

With this in mind, he is now setting out proposals where each individual, or group of players, can be sponsored by a company, individual or club.

The new manager is hoping that his proposals gain recognition from loyal Wexford supporters and sees this as an initiative where people can become more closely associated with the Senior hurling squad.

‘We have a squad of 30-32 players. Our aim is to have each player, or group of players, sponsored, which would help to create additional finance for the preparation of the team for league and championship,’ he said.

'A player can be sponsored for €300, or one can sponsor two players for €500. A group of players, the three Buffers Alley players as an example, can be sponsored for €750. Such sponsorship would help with the provision of training gear, hurls, and other associated training costs.

‘I hope that the supporters of Wexford and the business people can come out and give us their support. I realise we are living in difficult times but hopefully we can gain support from this venture,’ he added.

Anyone interested can contact Dermot Howlin, Senior hurling co-ordinator, on 086-8134507 or dermothowlin@02.ie Contact can also be made with Tom Doyle, Camolin, of Wexford Supporters’ Club on 087-2587764.

With the All-county hurling and football leagues about to commence early next month, Dunne has also announced that he will be releasing players back to their clubs for league games.

‘I have seen this from the other side as Oulart manager. I want the players hurling. That’s my aim. I will release the players back to their clubs even for league games on the Tuesday evening before our National League games. It’s ideal preparation and game-time for players.’

Kudos on the last initiative in particular.
Wish other intercounty managers were as flexible.

You have some lads not released to their club but also not getting a sustained run in the national league left in limbo for months with very little game time.

Hello clean out, Rory Jacob on the bench. Some the old heads like Stamp, Kehoe (albeit in the forwards) and Rossiter

[font=Arial]Liam Dunne’s first National Hurling League team has been announced and features an exciting mix of debutants and experienced players. The team is backboned by seasoned campaigners including Darren Stamp and Eoin Quigley and includes a number of newcomers who have shown promise at underage such as Gary Moore and John Lacey.[/font]

[font=tahoma][size=3]1 Éanna Martin Sarsfields (Cork) [/size][/font]
[font=tahoma][size=3]2 Bobby Kenny Buffers Alley [/size][/font]
[font=tahoma][size=3]3 Matthew O Hanlon St. James Ramsgrange[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma][size=3]4 Barry Kehoe Oulart The Ballagh [/size][/font]
[font=tahoma][size=3]5 Darren Stamp Oulart The Ballagh [/size][/font]
[font=tahoma][size=3]6 Keith Rossiter Oulart The Ballagh [/size][/font]
[font=tahoma][size=3]7 Ciaran Kenny Buffers Alley [/size][/font]
[font=tahoma][size=3]8 Eoin Quigley Sarsfields (Cork) [/size][/font]
[font=tahoma][size=3]9 John Leacy Glynn Barntown [/size][/font]
[font=tahoma][size=3]10 Richie Kehoe Faythe Harriers [/size][/font]
[font=tahoma][size=3]11 Diarmuid O’Keefe St Annes-Rathangan [/size][/font]
[font=tahoma][size=3]12 P.J. Nolan Askamore-Kilrush [/size][/font]