Wexford GAA 2012

:lol: :lol: :clap:

Turfcutter 1 Mac 0. Well played :clap:

Thanks puke you had about 8 Limerick posters on the ropes here last week yourself and do you know i wasn’t actually taking the piss as my statemnt will holds true the losers of that match will struggle

:rolleyes:

Please

Yeah no doubt mac will be back with a predictable quip letting on not to be rattled and including a rolleyes smiley

sure all I want to do is discuss hurling Wexford have Offaly and Limerick in Wexford so that should help them

Was watching the TG4 highlights show earlier and, as the scoreline clearly suggests, our defending was kinda shite yesterday. Time for the new County Chairman and our local TDs and the Gardai to mandate Jason Ryan to release Lee Chin (welcome to Sarsfields GFC by the way :clap:) and Andrew Shore to play senior hurling.

first game of the league and all but that scoreline is an embarrassment. I doubt Antrim were any use either

In fairness what did everyone expect? We’re not exactly flush with the greatest players of their generation and we have a new bainisteoir who is trying to figure out what approach to the game we will have and who he’s going to play where. I’d imagine Liam Dunne walked away from that match with tomes of thoughts.

Bandages invocation of An Garda Siochana should be seriously considered though. You’re a nice bloke Jason and we love you, but we’re a hurling county who occassionally play football…

Was it the league in 1995 that we lost to Meath? Hardly 1996 as we lost the NHL Division 1 final to Galway in Limerick that year. Fitzy was wing back and got roasted by Joe Rabbite.

[quote=“croppy_boy, post: 637647”]

Was it the league in 1995 that we lost to Meath? Hardly 1996 as we lost the NHL Division 1 final to Galway in Limerick that year. Fitzy was wing back and got roasted by Joe Rabbite.[/quote]

Meath was in 1995 but my ‘not long after’ point stands. I’d settle for winning the All Ireland in 2013. I don’t think that Galway game was a final - maybe a last 8 or 4 game?

D’oh, semi-final.

The transfer situation between the clubs in Wexford town is a bit ridiculous. 39 transfer requests (2 refused) for clubs in the Wexford town area.

Must be impossible for a manager to plan ahead prior to the league as he’ll have no idea what players will stick around.

[font=Arial][left]1. Richard Lynch Naomh Éanna Ferns-St. Aidan’s Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]2. Colm Lambert Duffry Rovers Ferns-St. Aidan’s Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]3. Stephen Redmond Buffers Alley Réalt na Mara-Ballygarrett Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]4. John Laffan Duffry Rovers Buffers Alley Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]5. Colin Sunderland Oulart-The Ballagh Kilrush/Askamore Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]6. James Byrne Tara Rocks Naomh Éanna Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]7. Gary O’Brien Tara Rocks Naomh Éanna Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]8. Stephen Kinsella Kilanerin/Ballyfad Tara Rocks Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]9. William Fitzharris Naomh Éanna Tara Rocks Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]10. Craig Kenny Kilrush-Askamore Tara Rocks Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]11. Pádraig Byrne St. Patrick’s Clonee Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]12. Michael Kinsella Shelmaliers St. Mary’s Rosslare Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]13. Lee Elston St. Mary’s Maudlintown Sarsfields Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]14. Lee Chin St. Mary’s Maudlintown Sarsfields Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]15. Barry Moore St. Joseph’s Sarsfields Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]16. Martin Cloney St. Mary’s Rosslare Sarsfields Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]17. Shane Dempsey St. John’s Volunteers Sarsfields Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]18. Jack Ennis St. Joseph’s Sarsfields Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]19. Craig Hore Clonard Sarsfields Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]20. Michael Murphy St. Joseph’s Sarsfields Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]21. Adam Beary Clonard Sarsfields Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]22. Darren Dempsey Clonard Faythe Harriers Refused[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]23. Lee Murphy Sarsfields St. Mary’s Maudlintown Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]24. William Lambert Sarsfields St. Mary’s Maudlintown Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]25. Paul Kelly Sarsfields St. Mary’s Maudlintown Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]26. Paul Lambert Sarsfields St… Mary’s Maudlintown Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]27. PJ Bourke St. John’s Volunteers St. Mary’s Maudlintown Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]28. Kevin Sheil St. Joseph’s St. Mary’s Maudlintown Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]29. David Dunbar Clonard St. Mary’s Maudlintown Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]30. Ciarán Walsh St. John’s Volunteers St. Joseph’s Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]31. Mark Hillis St. John’s Volunteers St. Joseph’s Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]32. Jonathon Browne Sarsfields St. Joseph’s Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]33. Darren Dempsey Clonard St. Joseph’s Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]34. Declan Goodison Clonard St. Joseph’s Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]35. Graham Codd Clonard St. Joseph’s Refused[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]36. Jonathon Rogers St. Mary’s Maudlintown St. Joseph’s Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]37. Barry Harpur St. Mary’s Maudlintown St. Joseph’s Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]38. Robbie Mullins Clonard St. Joseph’s Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]39. Paul Underwood Clonard St. Joseph’s Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]40. Dean Roche St. Mary’s Maudlintown St. Joseph’s Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]41. Barry Hennessy St. John’s Volunteers Clonard Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]42. Darragh Hayes Faythe Harriers St. John’s Volunteers Approved – hurling only[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]43. Ronan Dempsey Clonard St. John’s Volunteers Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]44. Craig Kearney Clongeen St. John’sVolunteers Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]45. Jonathan Mahon Shelmaliers St. John’s Volunteers Refused[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]46. Keith Kearney Clongeen St. John’s Volunteers Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]47. Paul Malone Sarsfields St. John’s Volunteers Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]48. Ciarán Hillery Faythe Harriers St. John’s Volunteers Approved – hurling only[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]49. Gary Stone Glynn-Barntown St. John’s Volunteers Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]50. Ronan Greene St. Martin’s Glynn-Barntown Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]51. Gareth Wallace Clonard Glynn-Barntown Refused[/left][/font]

[font=Arial][left]52. Anthony Kehoe St. Joseph’s Geraldine O’Hanrahan’s Refused[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]53. Daragh Bates Kilmore Clonard Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]54. Thomas Larkin Horeswood St. James’ Refused[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]55. Chris Millar Monageer-Boolavogu Rathgarogue-Cushinstown Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]56. David Fahy Bannow-Ballymitty Rathgarogue-Cushinstown Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]57. Seán Cullen Glynn-Barntown Adamstown Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]58. Simon Kehoe Rathgarogue-Cushinstown Cloughbawn Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]59. Christopher Kenny Shamrocks Rapparees-Starlights Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]60. James O’Leary Rapparees-Starlights Shamrocks Approved[/left][/font]
[font=Arial][left]61. Paul Bolger Oylegate-Glenbrien Monageer-Boolavogue Approved[/left][/font]

An excellent transfer window for Sarsfields GFC. :clap:

I must check with my sources to see if Shane Dempsey is the ex-Wexford Youths midfield lynchpin and cousin of Gary Dempsey. That would be another coup to add to the Lee Chin acquisition.

Anthony Kehoe must be up there for the most transfer requests ever in Co Wexford God love him.

Do players transfer with that frequency in Wexford?

Happens a lot in town. I’d imagine that Wexford town also has a very high proportion of clubs to the population which will lead to more transfers and also accounts for the fact that only the Sars are able to maintain a senior standard of football.

Would Sars tend to hoover up the best available talent from the other clubs?

No not all all. Whats tends to happen more is players moving between the more lowly clubs.

St Joseph’s (scumbags) reformed a couple of years back and hat a lot of players transferring to them from St Mary’s Maudlintown and the Volunteers. it looks like there’s a lot heading in the opposite direction now.

Is that pronounced Modelingtown?

[quote=“Julio Geordio, post: 637656”]

Is that pronounced Modelingtown?[/quote]

No, “Modlintown”.

I knew a fella from there once was always trying to tell me what a rough spot it was and how hard he was.
An unmerciful retard.