Wexford GAA 2012

I would guess so croppy.

Football team for Sunday announced.

Wexford (SF v Meath): T Hughes; N Murphy, F Lancaster, S Culleton; L Chin, G Molloy, A Doyle; D Waters, A Shore; E Bradley, B Brosnan, PJ Banville; P Byrne, K Oā€™Grady, K Rowe.

Who are Lancaster and Culleton? Presume its the Horeswood Niall Murphy at corner back as well?

Thereā€™s a Lancaster who plays for Kilrush. Not sure if itā€™s him though. Donā€™t know about Culleton.

Culleton is from Ross. Was on the panel for a bit last year. Think he is a handy enough soccer player too, if it is indeed the lad Iā€™m thinking about. He was midfield for Ross last year. havent seen him playing often or took much notice of him to be honest.

Dunne wont be happy seeing Chin and Shore in that line up.

Good to see 2 young lads in the full forward line in Rowe and O Grady.

yeah youre right gman, goes by the mane of eggy i think, has played for ross celtic in the past.

how did your aussie rules go after? get broke up?

spear tackled by a certain inter county hurler, good thing ive a think neckā€¦will drop ball back this weekā€¦been practically drinking since.

Jason Ryan needs to cop the fuck on. He filled Liam McGovernā€™s head with shit last year and he was lost to the hurlers all for the sake of a combined total of around 15 minutes of championship football. The new chairman in tandem with Liam Dunne should enforce a rule whereby the hurling manager has first call on all players and that would stop the likes of Chin and Shore wasting their time playing football.

As Wexford 1996 says, Lancaster is from Kilrush. Well at least Iā€™m assuming itā€™s the same lad that hurls with Askamore. Frank, I think?

Jason Ryan saved Liam Ɠg from possibly being turned off hurling for life by being involved with the shambles that was our senior squad last year. Move on and forget about it. Chin played with the hurlers last night. And according to what Iā€™ve read elsewhere, Dunne has encouraged players to play with both panels and has facilitated it as much as he can while both panels are in the ā€˜extendedā€™ mode.

Your uninformed anti Jason Ryan stance is sickening :guns:

We need to forget about intercounty football in Wexford. A competitive local championship and leave it at that. Every resource possible can, and must, be provided to the hurlers. And thatā€™s playing personnel, financial, outside expertise. EVERY resource.

As an aside, isnā€™t it fantastic to see good old-fashioned, investigative journalism from Brendan Furlong in the Wexford People in relation to the spending of the previous county board regime? Wonderful stuff indeed. :clap:

Very odd game in Navan, they only lost out by making the same stupid mistakes around the middle third that they normally make in the middle of summer.

Molloy was immense at centre back. Lancaster was dire at full backfor the opening 15 mins. Mutley was back to his best and managed not to get booked as well which is rare for him.

Daithi Waters got on a lot of ball in midfield but still has trouble doing anything with it, Shore was awful (back to the hurlers with him).

Kevin Oā€™Grady was good when they gave him the ball in space as was Banville. Not a bad outing from Kevin Rowe for a debut seemed slightly nervous as well. Lovely striking from Brosnan as well.

They could have tied it up but at the same time is Meath had really taken advantage of their strong spells they could have been out of sight.

How did Shore go in the middle Croppy? Who got the scores? Paddy Byrne showing any signs of why he is still been hung onto?

I wonder does his surname help him :wink:

Byrne always gives an outlet, his runs are good. He seems to be awful at getting hold of the ball though and rarely takes a good option when he does. Iā€™d imagine Ryan is hoping heā€™ll develop a bit during the league.

Shore was awful and must only have been left on so long as the guy he was marking was muck as well.

Stephen Banville came off the bench for the last three mins and looks less at home playing football than he does playing hurling.

sounds good all around so! I just think Byrne has been tried so many times now and has had a good few chances but still doesnt seem to be any better than he was when he first started out. At least Ryan is trying out a load of players and giving lads oppertunities to make impacts. Were the 2 Kevins the inside full forward line or did either of them come out the field?

There were four forwards most of the time and they rotated the two closer to the goal. The two of them spent longer than the rest in there though. Oā€™Grady was good when they used him. Rowe, understandably, seemed a little nervous but I wouldnā€™t expect that to last long. Couple of good touches and augurs well.

Havenā€™t seen him hurl in a while, he was a sub for the minor hurlers back in '04, not particularly skillful but worked hard and was an awkward man to mark, he was half or corner back in those days though.

Interesting to see Guiney involved in the senior set up, thought they might have brought Aidan Nolan along too if they were seriously looking at last years minors, saw him a few times last year and was quite impressed. What format is the panel in at the minute? Are they still playing trial games or have they narrowed it down yet?

Wexford County Board meeting tonight to discuss the perilous state of the GAAā€™s finances in the county. I donā€™t think this meeting would be going ahead tonight but for i) the new Chairmanā€™s commitment to reporting the siutation to clubs in an open and transparent manner and ii) the magnificent investigative journalism by Brendan Furlong in The Wexford People over the past few months. I expect this thread to be updated live tonight by our county board representatives on the forum.

I donā€™t think we have anyone at it.

Thereā€™s only one representative per club unlike the County Convention when there are four or something like that.

i know a certain seaside club that has people in attendance.

anyone else heard rumblings of a so called 80k golden handshake to an officail who left in the last few years?

or the fact that all the signange for the ferns comples is done in galvanised steele from a co. in the oulart area? seems strange when timber would have been more than adequate.

Finances are apparently worse than was being reported, and money shifted around to make things look better. The changeover has found the leaks and this meeting is supposed to highlight where things realistically are. If I hear anything from it Bandage, Iā€™ll let you know.