Wexford GAA 2012

Thanks Appendage - better late than never. :clap:

Iā€™m fucking thrilled to have been retweeted twice by @OfficialWexGAA tonight pal.

I thought my ā€˜delighted for die-hard Wexford hurling fans like me tonight - pity Iā€™ll miss the semi because Euro 2012 will be on TVā€™ quip was understated yet amusing.

Canā€™t wait to peruse twitter so see loads of lads in Wexford gear twitting each other back and forth. Itā€™s tremendous. Do other counties have lads doing this?

Where are the St Jamesā€™ chaps? Iā€™m awaiting their match reports hereā€¦

Iā€™m in Dublin Bandage, didnā€™t make it down to Tullamore. Going to Offaly once a week is enough for any man.

[quote=ā€œBandage, post: 638139ā€]Iā€™m fucking thrilled to have been retweeted twice by @OfficialWexGAA tonight pal.

I thought my ā€˜delighted for die-hard Wexford hurling fans like me tonight - pity Iā€™ll miss the semi because Euro 2012 will be on TVā€™ quip was understated yet amusing.[/quote]

One of the players last night tweeted me saying ā€˜not very die hard if the soccer is more importantā€™.

@OfficialWexGAA replied to us both to tell him to take my wind ups with a pinch of salt. The utter cheek.

I blame the education system.

that player you mention seems to be a bolloxā€¦purely my judgement having never met the man, same judgement is excellentā€¦

:lol: :lol: :lol:

A former St Peterā€™s College student unsurprisingly.

Any news from the senior football camp? I think it would be best for Wexford GAA overall if we lose at the weekend and tamely exit the qualifiers so we can get Lee Chin into our seriously promising young senior hurling squad.

tard on hoganstand mentioning that lyng could be out on sunday, anyone heard anything?

http://www.uibhfhaili.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5792

:rolleyes:

Apologies for the late postingā€¦2012 Horeswood Sevens

Quarter Finals

Palatine 2-7 Moorefield A1-5
Arles/Kilcruise 4-3 Sarsfields 0-4

Semi final

Moorefield B 4-11 Palatine 3-7
Portlaoise 4-5 Arles/Kilcruise 2-8

Final
Portlaoise 3-7 Moorefield B 2-8

Portlaoise were excellent throughout the day. Their semi final vs Arles was a great game and it looked like there was a bit of history between the teams.
Paul Cahallane, Portlaoise, was the player of the tournamentā€¦ I think he was with Celtic for a few yearsā€¦ He is a serious finisher. Jason Phillips stood out for Moorefield and David Conway had another great tournament for Arles

Ah racist Offaly alive and well.

Murphy is out, Lyng meant to be fit (not a good sign) and Chin starts ahead of Doyle again. Ryan put Chin through a tough training session the night before the U21 game too. Oā€™Regan was allowed to sit it out.
Molloy wonā€™t let Kavanagh get a sniff of it this time which means all their scores from play will probably have to come through P Barden. Malone did a decent enough job on him (apart from his goal obviously) so if heā€™s kept as quiet this time, Wexford will win.

The only issue there is that is Malone man marks Barden, rather than hold the centre and protect the full back line, heā€™ll be leaving huge gaps for McCormack and Kavanagh to run into. Like what happened in the first half last Sunday.

Thatā€™s what youā€™d hope would happen alright. Thatā€™s what you hoped would happen after 15 mins the last day.
Ya just never know what these lads will be told to do.

re the team posted on wexfordgaa.com,

i for one am actually glad to see paddy byrne back, strange i know, but his strength and direct running will make him a handful, and hes usually good for a score, with him out the field may leave an opp to play a big man like bradley close to the goal with lyng maybe.

we need to alter the game plan, but i dont think this will happen, Ryan showed the faith he had in his midfielders on the bench when he withdrew quinlivan and brought on Morris.

WE need to win more kickouts and cease the turnovers, if we do we will win.

[font=Arial][size=4]
16. Tom Hughes[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=4]
17. MicheƔl O Regan[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=4]
18. Brendan Doyle[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=4]
19. Colm Morris.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=4]
20. James Holmes.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=4]
21. Conor Carty[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=4]
22. Sean Culleton.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=4]
23. Shane Sinnott[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=4]
24. PJ Banville[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=4]
25. John Leacy[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=4]
26. Joey Wadding[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=4]
[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=4]
the ebnch wouldnt exactly fill you with confidence at present.[/size][/font]

I donā€™t know how we won, or Longford managed to lose, that game but Iā€™m still a bit in shock that we edged it out.

If the ref had offered to blow it up with ten minutes to go to let us get on the road home to watch the Ireland match I wouldnā€™t have complained.

We started well but failed to convert our possession into scores, some awful wides. The Longford came at us and our full back line crumbled again. Mutley was dire and kept mouthing off after conceding frees, well he did it twice, and conceded the extra yards for it.

Molloy was having trouble with Kavanagh again but did well enough to hold him to two points, heā€™ll be glad of getting a break by marking Bernard Brogan the next day. Longford targeted Flynn after his point-scoring exploits the last day and it seemed to work. Our midfield was all over the place again and we only started to win ball around there when we withdrew Carty, Bradley and Quinlivan for Morris and Leacy and Byrne.

Malone is not a centre back. Murphy is sorely missed and it was good to see him togged and taking part in the warm up. The importance of Lyng was highlighted as well. Shane Roche is becoming the most frustrating player ever to don the purple and gold. Scored a few great points but gave away the ball cheaply three times in attack and it resulted in scores at the other end of the pitch. He showed no desire to get on the ball and let his man win the battle far too easily.

God know what Wexford will turn up against Dublin. Hopefully weā€™ll rally from here and give them the beating theyā€™ve escaped in the last two years,

strangest game ive been to, we didnt play well except for 10 mins at the end of the game and yet we won.

we are lacking man marking cornerbacksā€¦n. murphy was caught on his heels a number of times and then wadding who replaced himā€¦

murphy coughed up 2 scores from play and about 2 freesā€¦in fairness to the man, there was no protection from the half back line who were playing close to midfield. Along with this longford had deployed a 2 man full forward line furhter isolating molloy and murphy.

Molloy had a tough opening had a tough opening half with cavanagh getting 2 points and then squandering a goal chanceā€¦

the move of the game was the goal, chin dispossessed a longford man on the attack and after a few transitions and a footpass to barry, he took on the defence and slotted the ball homeā€¦

the simple fact is that any team will find it hard to break down longford due to their blanket defenceā€¦we were a little better at it yesterday creating 3 goal chances and taking one.longford however created 4-6 missing all of themā€¦

Barden, whilst not as prominent as last week, still tagged on 4 pointsā€¦

i am being overly optimistic but i dont think weā€™ll get the slaughter louth gotā€¦but weā€™ll need to defend far betterā€¦murphy and lyng will be welcomed back and perhaps even aindreas doyle, who return could allow chin to play as a man marker (dunno how good hed be there)

we should have lost but we didnt, we are still in the leinster chship and all roads lead to croker on july 1st