Wexford GAA 2012

I mentioned it at the time on this thread. The timing of the substitution was absolutely ridiculous but then it was followed by a GAA pet hate of mine. That is when somebody is standing over a free/penalty and then thereā€™s a sudden, sharp, loud interjection by some fucking bogger on the PA system: ā€œSubstitution on the Wexford teamā€¦ā€ No cop on whatsoever and it must be quite a distraction.

disaster for wexford. the most comprehensive collapse i have ever seen. One goal and boom heads gone all over the place including on the bench as bandage mentioned. Kilkenny started with all the same problems that they showed against clare in the challenge and wexford seemed to be taking advantage but they hit bad wides and shit themselves very disappointing result for hurling as the game could have done with Wexford getting some kind of boost.

[font=Arial]Eoin Moore, Darren Stamp, Richie Kehoe, Diarmuid Oā€™Keeffe and Harry Kehoe all start for Wexford tonight.[/font]

Half Time: Wexford 1-13 Westmeath 0-6.

Full Time: Wexford 3-22 Westmeath 2-9.

Any report / summary from tonightā€™s game chaps? All the pre-match changes meant we started with the same defence that finished against Offaly. It looked a much stronger team on paper but I wasnā€™t arsed travelling down to Wexford myself so I donā€™t know how it played out. I listened to Newstalkā€™s commentary with Dave McIntyre telling listeners that Westmeath wouldnā€™t fear Wexford having had underage success against usā€¦am I missing something here? It annoys me when commentators donā€™t pronounce club names correctly too. :guns:

Leinster Minor Hurling Semi-Final result: Wexford 1-24 Laois 1-10.

What are the form lines for the Leinster Final? It really is important for Wexford to win a Leinster title. Thatā€™s a horrible statistic of not having won one since 1985.

Have Westmeath ever played Wexford at underage level?

Wexford beat their final opponents by a couple of points in the round robin.

[quote=ā€œAppendage, post: 638227ā€]

Have Westmeath ever played Wexford at underage level?[/quote]

Dave McIntyre of Newstalk reckoned they wouldnā€™t fear us because of their underage success against us anyway.

Aindreas Doyle makes another fine effort at endearing himself to the people in an interview with TheScore today http://thescore.thejournal.ie/doyle-there-were-people-threatening-to-fight-me-at-times-loads-of-crazy-stuff-499710-Jun2012/

[font=Georgia][size=4]ā€œI literally have the worst contract in the world. If he goes I go, that day, that minute. Well, I have so many media contacts, Iā€™ll be ringing them, ā€˜give us a bit of work.ā€™ [/size][/font]

He should probably have a world with the workers for the company that cleans his office in Leinster House, the kid who serves him burgers from McDonalds or the guy putting petrol in his car about their contracts so he gets a better idea as to where he stands in the world, relatively speaking.

That Aindreas (FFS) lad is some fucking simpleton. They had Aindreas (FFS), Andriu (FFS) and Eamon Fennell at the presser yesterday. Jesus I can only imagine the other bits of gold reporters were served up by those three.

He was giving out about Dublin playing in Croke Park yesterday too. Iā€™m not sure what heā€™s trying to achieve by that ā€¦

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/football/2012/0626/326527-doyle-unhappy-with-dublin-hq-advantage/

hes a pain in the holeā€¦ first man to comment on everything, if he focused more on football heā€™d be better offā€¦

Was he trying to hock a pair of football boots on twitter last night or was it another Wex player?

Fixed that for you mate.

dunno i dont follow the wankerā€¦

I think he was having a dig at Dublinā€™s record, pointing out how many games they play at Croker against how many Kerry play in Killarney and look! Kerry are apparently more successful despite this, so Dublin in reality are utter shite. Its not exactly their fault that Croke Park happens to be in Dublin. This lad should just shut the fuck up and play football.

Calling for the GAA to forego their main income generator (Dublin games in Croke Park) is fair enough as long as you werenā€™t already complaining in the media about players not getting enough rewards from the GAA.