Wexford GAA 2012

Available for senior hurling and football, according to Brendan Furlong.

Cheers gents

http://www.wexfordga…r-goes-on-tour/

[b] [size=5]

Naomh Eanna in Leinster; The Briar goes on Tour[/size][/b]

Posted on November 5, 2012

The AIB Leinster Junior Hurling Championship Quarter final set Clane alight as Naomh Eanna and Maynooth stepped forth. The game commenced with a pointed free from Kildare’s superb star Mark Cummins. However, a 15 minute silence scoring wise for Maynooth resulted in a colossal Gorey attack. Conor McDonald started the scoring pattern with two points while Justin Kenny and Michael Murphy capitalised on Maynooth’s indiscipline by pointing frees. The Naomh Eanna defence were diligent especially defenders Eoin Conroy and Darren Kelly while Harry Oliver was hardworking for the Lilywhites. It wasn’t long until Fiachra Lohan, Mark Cummins and Fearghal Molloy responded with points for the home side though. Tom Stafford’s effective work in the middle was the main cause of Conor McDonald’s keen sporting vision for set pieces which was mirrored by his point after twenty seven minutes. A late point for Maynooth’s Mark Cummins meant that Gorey ended the half with a one point deficit. Half time score Naomh Eanna 0-07 Maynooth 0-06.

The second half began with Maynooth dominance. The main Maynooth talisman Mark Cummins invented a Kildare 4 point lead with a slick flick passing keeper Barry Kinsella. Abruptly, the Gorey brigade revived and stunned the opposition as Justin Kenny ran riot on the Maynooth defence and the ball progressed to Conor McDonald who slotted the ball to the net with nine minutes gone. The Wexford crowd erupted with delight when Justin Kenny fired over a point to make the sides equal while Tom Stafford’s point from play had the crowd awestruck. The defence of Gorey were the gem in the Enda’s crown with the shovel work of Pedro Travers, Brendan Travers and Darren Kelly surpassing all expectations. While further scores from Mark Cummins made the margin tighter, the single scores from Padraig Doyle and Justin Kenny were a huge asset. Despite late attacks on goal from Conor McDonald, Gorey were jubilant as referee Maurice Keegan ended the game. Gorey were impressive but will desire to sharpen their swords prior to the Leinster Semi Final meeting with Lusmagh of Offaly or the Kilkenny Junior Champions in a fortnights time. Final score in Clane GAA Grounds, Co Kildare, Naomh Eanna 1-14; Maynooth 1-11.

Scorers: Conor McDonald 1-04, Justin Kenny 0-05, Padraig Doyle 0-03, Tom Stafford 0-01, Michael Murphy 0-01.

The Briar is back. What a sentence:

Tom Stafford’s effective work in the middle was the main cause of Conor McDonald’s keen sporting vision for set pieces which was mirrored by his point after twenty seven minutes. :lol:

Jaysus.
As far as I know the Briar is a 15/16 year old lad from Gorey.

The Briar is a legend. :clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

CHIN, SHORE AND O’REGAN ARE ALSO A PART OF THE SENIOR HURLING SQUAD

By BRENDAN FURLONG

Tuesday October 30 2012

LIAM DUNNE has been considerably boosted by the decision of three rising young stars to adopt a dual status and make themselves available to the Senior hurling squad.

The news that Lee Chin, Michael O’Regan and Andrew Shore have committed to the hurlers while continuing with their football involvement is a big fillip for the hurling set-up.

Dunne has welcomed the decision of the three players to volunteer their services for the 2013 hurling campaign which will get under way in January with the Walsh Cup.

‘I’ve spoken with the players. They came back to me expressing their interest in being part of the hurling set-up, and they will also continue with their football commitments,’ he said.

‘We will work with this in mind and take everything on board in the new year. It’s important to have the best young players available, particularly when they want to play hurling. We are delighted to have them on board.’

However, it was not all good news for Dunne as Shelmaliers clubman Brian Malone has decided to remain with the footballers only.

‘I spoke with Brian. While he was very interested in hurling, with the programme given out by new manager Aidan O’Brien, he did not see how he could fit in both codes.’

It’s believed at this stage that Ciarán Lyng will also continue solely with the footballers for 2013.

While Dunne, now entering his second year in charge, was busy trying to add to his squad, he was also active in strengthening his backroom set-up.

He has added W.I.T. lecturer Gerry Fitzpatrick who will add his expertise to the coaching structures, having previ-ously worked with the Waterford and Carlow Senior hurlers. Meanwhile, former National Hurling Coaching Officer, Paudie Butler from Tipperary, has also agreed to come on board.

The backroom team will also include Castlebridge’s Pádraig Murphy, who will be taking a more hands-on approach to the physical training, while sports psychologist Enda McNulty, the former All-Ireland medal winner with Armagh, is also now very much on board.

While this will be Lee Chin’s first time as part of the Senior hurling squad, he has been outstanding in the ‘small ball’ game both at Minor and Under-21 levels. Following a very impressive campaign with Faythe Harriers, he will be a considerable boost to the hurlers’ bid to impose themselves on Division 1B of the National League.

Shore, an outstanding under-age hurler, opted solely for football last year, while O’Regan was also involved in the football panel. But now both players are anxious to try hurling in 2013.

Patience will now be of the essence for both Dunne and new football manager, Aidan O’Brien, as they plan the new season. O’Brien will be looking towards the league hoping to secure the side’s Division 2 status, having won promotion this year. This is a very competitive sector with Wexford needing all of their big guns on board for what will be a most interesting and competitive campaign.

Only Brendan furlong could get away with calling Shore and Chin outstanding at underage.

With that backroom team in place anything less than an all Ireland final appearance will be a disappointment. I’m also firmly on board.

does Shore play football with Parnells in dublin?..

He does indeed

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Legend.

[font=Arial]
The Leinster Junior Hurling Championship Semi Final is a momentous occasion. The feline representatives travel to the Model county in search of spot in the last eight of the world series that is the club championships. The Wexford delegate for conflict is Naomh Eanna. This clash is reminiscent to many as a “Celebrity Bainisteoir” affair with Pairc Ui Suiochain in Clonattin, Gorey the venue for this 2pm game on Sunday.[/font]
[font=Arial]
Thomastown come to Gorey today after an impressive ten point victory over Offaly champions, Lusmagh. In that clash, centre forward Michael Donnelly radiated possession with a final tally of nine points while Dylan Waugh and Darren Burke attacked with speed. Their back’s are sturdy with Richard O’Hara and Barry Whelan fortifying the defence.[/font]
[font=Arial]
Naomh Eanna perform on their home turf on Sunday with an unbeaten championship record for 2012. Maynooth fell to the Gorey attack in the quarter final in what was a battle of strength and skill. Conor McDonald led the Enda’s over the finishing line, adding 1-03 to the final scoreline. The defence is solid with county star, Eoin Conroy keeping his outstanding marker quiet in the quarter final. Lee Kinsella, Darren Kelly and Brendan Travers showcased a splendid display of dogged determination also.[/font]
[font=Arial]
This game is sure to be the climax of the championship series for both sides. The game will be decided in the midfield area where Kilkenny’s Dessie Walsh and Derek Lanigan are equally matched by Justin Kenny and Tom Stafford. The sheer diligence of both duos have stunned their respective oppositions on previous occasions. For their clinical use of possession, impressive game-plan and vivacious style of play, Naomh Eanna get the nod.[/font]
[font=Arial]
Get out and support the clubs who play for your county this weekend! Don’t forget Sunday at 2pm in Gorey; Naomh Eanna vs Thomastown.[/font]
[font=Arial]

[/font]
[font=Arial]
I’ve highlighted my favorite bits! [/font]

Guys, I know this will be a crushing blow to all of you but this will be my last ever post on any Wexford GAA specific thread.

Celtic’s magnificent victory over Barcelona last week (cat got your tongue, Pikeman?) showcased once and for all how absolutely irrevelant amateur pursuits and hobbies like GAA are.

Professional sport is where it’s at.

:o

It’ll never last. I fear this hiatus will last as long as your brief dalliance with the New York Giants.

Magnificent stuff from the noble people of Wexford, Bandage must be very proud.
KK are fucked now, Wexford will be hard bet in Leinster now

Strawberry fucking fields forever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3jrWVp2L7U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU_Ja8vr-JA

Mark Landers is doing wonderful work with All Ireland Senior Club hurling champions elect Oulart-The Ballagh.

Future Wexford senior manager by my account.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I thought Pat Herbert was the brains behind Saturdays win. :strokechin:

Good to see you posting on Wexford related GAA news Bandage :clap:

Maybe he could bring John Meyler into his management team :ph34r:

whatever happened to rory mcarthy?..did he retire young enough?..i don´t think he drank or smoked but seemed to go in early thirties or was he older?..heard he was a handy footballer too…

Retired at about 33 I think. Was on the U21 team in 96 so would have been hurling intercounty for a long time. I think John Meyler cut him out of the side in around '08 so when he wasn’t first choice he packed it in and just played with the Martins. He’s a teacher so I believe he began to make the most of his longer holidays then. Wouldn’t blame him either really.

he retired after 2007 semi final having started at midfield. Meyler never cut him. Im sure he always enjoyed his holidays.