Wexford GAA 2012

I could have sworn he legged it after a year, but seeing as I forget Lawlor being there, its possible my memory is wrong on that one. Ramsbottom was some player at that level alright, got a few runs at county level but could never bed in entirely. Still one of Stradballys better players.

:rolleyes:

I see this was subsequently amended. Wexford GAA clearly reads this thread. :clap:

I follow local GAA about as much as you follow Baseball mate

I think it was the fact you said they got relegated a “couple of years ago” but yet have “come straight back up”.

Clown.

yeah, still a tidy enough player.

[quote=“Gman, post: 638623”]

I think it was the fact you said they got relegated a “couple of years ago” but yet have “come straight back up”.

Clown.[/quote]

Cool the jets bro

ah you’ve been pissing me off. leading me up a merry dance not even responding to the agreed trade you made in the FFL. :guns:

[quote=“Gman, post: 638626”]

ah you’ve been pissing me off. leading me up a merry dance not even responding to the agreed trade you made in the FFL. [/quote]

I need Jones this week as I’ve only the shite WR you gave me and I fancy Vick to have a shocker this week. Next week bro.

St Anne’s lost 2-7 to 2-4 yesterday against the Longford champions.

Enjoyed reading the spoof Duncan Jenkins style previews of the county junior B finals on the Wexford GAA site. Very amusing stuff. :clap:

Here’s the legendary Briar’s previews from the weekend. I think he was 0/2. I have bolded my favourite pieces.

The Briar looks forward to this weekend’s junior finals

Posted on October 23, 2012

As the championship season slowly drifts into hibernation, some epic clashes are still under the knife. These monumental battles are of the famed grade of Junior B. While the Junior grade is poked at for fun on the internet throughout the year, these games are a marvellous spectacle showcasing the strength, passion and fury of the club-scene across County Wexford.

The opening game is the hurling tie of Naomh Eanna and Ballyhogue. The first string of the Bree club blocked the Blackwater attack in the semi final because of an inter-woven defence and some mighty talismans. The likes of Jimbob Levingstone, Denise Asple and Philip Walsh captivate on any defensive weakness. The Gorey Town side have had a remarkable year to date with around ten county final appearances. With the A squad banking promotion to Intermediate grade recently, their second side will wish to secure success once again. The experienced former Offaly county star Shane McGuckin leads the Naomh Eanna attack and is swiftly followed by DJ Doyle, David Kennedy and Michael Bernie. Adamstown fell victim to Gorey’s dominance in the semi final. While the Enniscorthy district side are a diligent side, this game is tilting with advantage towards the Gorey town side for their fusion of experience and young talent.

The second decider sees two clubs with a pure footballing pedigree taking to the field. The Shelmaliers and Horeswood are unleashed for what is set to be a relishing affair. The men of Hollymount reached the final at ease with a fifteen point demolition of Ballyhogue in the semi final. The flair of Simon Donohoe, Graham Staples and Barry Redmond was a huge asset of the Black and Amber men in their previous display. Horeswood had to see off the opposition of Realt na Mara in the semi final in a decider that was ruled by the southern side after the opening quarter. They are ably led into battle by the workhorse and captain; Ivan Kehoe. [b]This one is a toss of the coin but the Briar never sits on the ditch so the men of Shelmalier have the nod.

Folk of Wexico, keep the high ball low,[/b]

The Briar

I think the Ballyhogue talismans captivated on the weakness in the Gorey defence. :clap:

I’m capitalised by that prose mate.

Rumours elsewhere online that JJ Doyle, outgoing Senior Camogie manager, is to take over the Wexford Under 21 hurlers from the wonderful Tony Dempsey. Does anyone know if JJ Doyle has any background in managing male sporting teams or is his experience limited to managing girls’ hobbies?

Anyone watch the Oulart game? Just got off the phone with the auld lad, wouldn’t mind hearing an unbiased review though; he’s adamant they didn’t deserve a penalty and will probably lose to the Kilkenny champions

Only watched a bit of the first half of the Oulart game. It was an incorrect decision to award them the penalty - Kirwan buried it fairly emphatically. Kilkenny champions at home next for them.

Penalty was very soft but on balance i thought Oulart were the better team, they got some very good scores considering the pitch was very very heavy underfoot.

Many will say the KK champions will beat them handy but i would look at it from another viewpoint. The KK championship has being run off every weekend since the All Ireland, bar last weekend. Oulart should be fresh in comparison and i would give them every chance against anyone coming out of KK.

Similar enough scenario a couple of years ago when Oulart jumped out to a big lead against Ballyhale in Wexford Park before eventually getting reeled in and losing in extra time.

Brendan Furlong exclusively revealed in last week’s Wexford People that the likes of Lee Chin and Andrew Shore will be part of next season’s senior hurling squad. These lads are a good bit better than the young players that fired Galway to within a whisker of an All Ireland this year so Wexford will certainly be a major force in 2013.

Are they not playing for both teams or is that other players?

Horrible conditions for both Oulart and Crokes alright. Thought Oulart were the better team throughout even if they scored an undeserved penalty. That evened up Roche getting a hurl wrapped across him when through on goal and the non-free that led to Kilmacud’s goal.

Gman,
I’ll take a PM on the disgruntled Wexford footballer. Have an idea who it is.