Wexford GAA 2012

yes,but i cannot recall at this moment, it mgiht be an idea for me to stop wearing my purple and gold tinted galsses to games.

obviously i always think st. jamesā€™s player have played well or the right type of abll wasnt kicked in, or it was genrally the inadequacy of another player.

i wouldnt be mutleys biggest fan but felt it was an injustice yesterday.

Iā€™m glad my request was listened to :clap:

Double header with Football at 1pm and Hurling at 2.30pm in Wexford Park. Not sure if itā€™s Saturday or Sunday though, would presume itā€™s Sunday.

Midlands Radio confirms it is Sunday.

Lee Chin will play with the hurlers on Sunday

The Wexford senor hurling team to face Offaly this Sunday in the Bord na MĆ³na Walsh Shield competition has been named and sees six changes to the side that started against NUI Galway last weekend. Mark Fanning comes into goal for Eanna Martin, Colm Farrell slots into midfield, pairing with the Harriers Lee Chin and Askamoreā€™s Shane Tompkins joins the attack.

Last weekendā€™s hurling and football games drew an attendance of over 1,500 and it is hoped that another big crowd will travel to Wexford Park on Sunday to roar on the Purple and Gold! The hurling throws in at 2.30pm, preceded by the football with a 1pm start.

1. Mark Fanning; Glynn Barntown.

2. Brian McCormack Oylegate.

3. Brendan Travers (capt) Naomh Enna.

4. Bobby Kenny Buffers Alley.

5. Willies Devereux; St. Martins.

6. John Lacey; Glynn-Barntown.

7. Shaun Murphy; Oulart The Ballagh.

8. Lee Chin; Faythe Harriers.

9. Colm Farrell; HWH-Bunclody.

10. Diarmaid Oā€™Keffee; St Annes-Rathangan.

11. Shane Tomkins; Askamore Kilrush.

12. Jim Berry; Faythe Harriers

13. Tomas Oā€™Leary; Buffers Alley

14. Jonathan Fogarty; St. Annes-Rathangan.

15. Padraig Doran; Oylegate-Glenbrien.

16. Ben Oā€™Connor; Oulart The Ballagh

17. Michael Oā€™Hanlon; Horewood

18. Barry Kehoe; Oulart The Ballagh

19. James Tonks; Ferns St Aidans

20. Daniel Martin Carroll; Rathgarogue-Cushentown.

21. Rhys Clarke; Faythe Harriers

22. Ian Byrne; Ferns-St Aidans.

23. Jack Guiney; St Annes-Rathnure

24. Shane Oā€™Gorman; Adamstown.

25. Colm Kehoe; Cloughbawn.

26. Gary Moore; Glynn-Barntown.

27. Eoin Moore; Oulart The Ballagh.

The order has been swapped as befitting the Final of such a prestigious competition.

foosball @ half 2?

Rightly so, heā€™s playing for the hurlers, bit part for footballers.

Motions for championship discussed at last nights co. Board meeting.

Nothing huge, shamrocks wanted to have the intermediate go back to 24 teams after three years of trying to get it to where it is presentlyā€¦

Couple of motions to have district teams incorporated into senior champ, too late for this year however.

Leagues to be cut back from 8 to 6 teams.

Champ to start circa April 15th.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using TFK App

[quote=ā€œMac, post: 637462ā€]Lee Chin will play with the hurlers on Sunday[/quote] And also named on the football team at wing back. 2 games for him tomorrow will be interesting to see how he gets on.
Hope he gives up the football soon though

Also Mac giving the wrong info as usual on GAA matters.
Hurling first at 12:45 followed by football at 2:30 according to both Leinster GAA and Wexford GAA websites

Parnells providing us with 3 players tomorrow. Great to see their investment in Wexford football paying dividends. :clap:

Anyone in Wexford Park for the double header today? Did Aindreas Doyle do enough to entice someone to offer him a professional contract?

A tremendous Club , their similar investment in Laois football has helped us no end.

Wexford hurlers beaten by Offaly

Both teams beaten I believe. Maybe if our footballers put as much effort into playing as they did to tweeting and writing weā€™d have a chance.

think that one footballer in particular.

Cavan at home next Sunday in our first football league game & then Sligo away on Sunday week and I canā€™t remember who we have after that. We really need to be getting promotion after missing out on scoring difference the past two seasons.

Hopefully Ryan will have come up with a tactic that gets the ball through midfield and into the forwards before the opposition get all their 10 defenders back.

I expect all the rubbish team to be copying Donegalā€™s tactics from last year.

How many of last years hurling panel is Liam Dunne expected to retire before the start of the league?

No word yet. We should find out ahead of the first NHL fixture.

a fairly full strength laois team MBB?