Wexford GAA 2013

yes, for leaving.

Shane was the Games Development Officer for British Uni Gaa for a while as well IIRC

Sarsfields Ger Halligan deserves all the credit for stepping into the breach after JJ Barrett boxed the head off Michael Curley up in Cavan. He marginalised the dead wood from Fethard and Horeswood and laid solid foundations for the future.

:clap:

in fairness, it was the start of it all. That and a decent minor/U21 side coming up through the ranks backboned by Counsel/Peters sides at the time.

It was all thanks to Kevin Kehoe relocating from Newbridge College to Good Counsel College in 1992/3. Everyone knows this.

His work has result in golden generations for Gaelic Football in Wexford and Kildare.

Not many of the Hogan Cup winning Good Counsel team actually made it for Wexford. Eric Bradley and Robert Mageean and Shane Cullen for a brief period.

Niall Murphy too, and Barry Byrne was there til he emmigrated as well. Deely wasnt on the hogan cup panel, prob should have been, but was with the U21s with those players. But the sides previous to that had plenty coming thorugh as well, the likes of Leigh O Brien, Philip Wallace, Jason Lawlor etc had come through the same type of set ups.

yeah a lot of deadwood on some Good Counsel panels too…

sure were. some cunts didnt know when to move on and give up on it :ph34r:

Longford at home in 2 weeks. I’m not overly confident for the year ahead in football to be honest.

It’s a big ask of a new manager to come in and have a positive influence straight away.

I’d settle for maintaining Division 2 status in the league, despite the fact that there are not too many strong teams in the Division.

I’d mainly like to see us moving away from seven lines of two and developing a decent counter-attacking style that doesn’t involve stopping to allow the defence to see what we’re at when reach midfield.

yeah would agree with that. I know things have moved on, but some of the shit being said by certain players around the time of the appointment couldnt help matters.

maintaining status in Div 2 is achievable, but the other sides will be thinking the same way as us, so it will be very competetive. Need to play our best sides when they are available, and not persist with players who are clearly not up to the standard needed.

from what I hear players are quite happy with management*

*<span style="font-size:8px;]I obviously hear from sources close to the panel

yeah I’m sure a lot of it at the time was a disappointment that Ryan was moving on. In fairness to Aidan, you couldnt but be happy with the way he runs things and takes his approach to games and trainings. So once things started, I’m sure the mood in some of them changed alright. Hopefully they’ll give as good an effort as they did under Ryan anyway.

I had the captain of a hogan cup winning side pointed out to me in a pub over here last year. Not sure if he has participated in much physical exercise since…

AS big as a house since that game i reckon…

[quote=count of monte cristo" data-cid=“729156” data-time="1358899574]

Might be a fella from our club playing with ye actually. S Wallace. Sent from my HTC Desire S using TFK App, how do you like me now Flano.
[/quote]He is indeed. Absolutely playing out of his skin in midfield. He is the absolute epitome of a gent, but you could flake him black and blue with hurl and he just plays harder. He has been a revelation for me. The bigger the game, the better he plays. Top top man in every way.

[quote=chewy louie" data-cid=“729195” data-time="1358932272]

Shane was the Games Development Officer for British Uni Gaa for a while as well IIRC
[/quote]He was indeed. He got a similar job back home I think, mores the pity for us, but good luck to him. He doesn’t like losing though. After that Meelin game I shook his hand and told him I thought he had played really well. He told me not to “fucking patronise” him. He apologised later saying he was just disappointed as he used “eat fuckers like brosnan for breakfast”. The second half of that Meelin game is as good as we have ever played I reckon.

His claim to fame is keeping Martin Storey scoreless…albeit it was a junior final 2 years ago…

I wish i could say the same… :ph34r:

Ha ha. I know that feeling well. What did he do? Detain him in the carpark?

no, he had the county full back playing centre back in front of him.The sliotar rarely came in…