Wexford GAA 2016

Onwards to glory.

Can the Senior Hurlers bounce back from a disappointing 2015, will the Senior footballers not be a fucking shit as they were last year and most importantly can the Jimmies defend their Senior Football Title.

Oh and, as ever, fuck Clonard!

1 Like

Liam Dunne gave a smashing interview to Brendan Furlong in The Wexford People this week. It reminded me of Father Ted’s speech after wining a golden cleric award, aside from the fact we haven’t actually won anything. It’s quite funny:

Additional part here:

‘Everyone was giving out, everyone was so disappointed. I had the Shelmaliers Chairman, Seamus O’Leary, along with his club Senior selector, Michael Kelly, looking for my head, when perhaps they would have been better off catering for their own club’s needs and building on their tremendous Senior success of last year,’ he claimed.
'They should have been concentrating on taking their club on another journey, as I had sufficient support from genuine hurling people to take me through this period.
‘I also had Clonard’s Dave Ormonde expressing concern over my financial package, and this coming from a club going nowhere :joy:. This is just is a small indication of the outside pressures applied,’ Dunne added.

That is a fantastic sledging of all comers. There seems to be a tone to the article that he has somehow been vindicated :grinning:

1 Like

That is outstanding

:joy:

Dave Ormonde is an awful bollox, he tried to move us from where we were warming up before the Co. Final claiming he was the Senior Maor… he hit the roof when i asked for his official ID and ran off to get Margaret Doyle, an utter clown of a man.

side note: ridiculous that Wexford Park has no warm up area for teams when there is a double header being played.

1 Like

What’s this? Wexford folk giving out about sub-standard warm up areas?

Well I never.

Yes. Next thing we’ll have Limerick fans giving out about the referee.

1 Like

That is utterly tremendous :smile:

I can’t wait for Division 4 in the football league to start, can’t fucking wait :ronnyroar:

1 Like

Let’s have em…

1 Like

Leitrim first up in Wexford Park or whatever it’s called now. I intend going to that and would be delighted to meet all Wexford TFKers*

1 Like

Innovate Wexford Park.

We’ll 'ave you down in our Manor, guna be propah naughehhh.propah…

Liam Dunne is setting up a hurling development squad. Not a bad idea in theory and I believe he’s taking charge of the intermediate team next year too. But the way this article is written leads me to believe that players haven’t been contacted individually. It smacks of a “throw the list up on the website and see who turns up” type effort. The list includes current members of the senior football team and there’s players down to play U21 football club championship on it too:

I’d say 6 of those lads might turn up. Or maybe 5.

There’s also lads he’s dropped from the senior panel on it.

“Hey, you know I dropped you from the senior squad…how about joining the development squad instead?”

Hurling in November, tis hard to beat.

I will be in Wexford town/city Saturday from late afternoon with a few of my pals.

Where should I recommend as a pub to base ourselves in?

Ye’re already behind the 8 ball, the Limerick lads won the All Ireland last week.

The John Barry and/or The Sky & The Ground at the south end. Macken’s at The Bull Ring on the way up the town and then onto the strip.

2 Likes

Thanks pal.