Wexford GAA 2016

I canā€™t understand how Gusserane have such short odds, unless thereā€™s a lot of activity on PaddyPower.com in Ballycullane.

Early march is all ive heard.

Shane Roche has been told to cop the fuck on and to play outfield.

They are a very talented team who shit the bed a fair bit this year, never recovered after we took them to task last year. Probably the best set of forwards in Wexford but need more in defence.

1 Like

Shaneā€™s a good goalie, but heā€™d definitely add another dimension to the forwards. Whenā€™s he due back?

Heā€™s always been scared of the ball when heā€™s played corner forward, very reluctant to impose himself on a game.

He can be frustrating to watch sometimes alright, but heā€™s very accurate when he puts his mind to it.

1 Like

Thatā€™s good enough for club but not for county. You canā€™t afford to be waiting to see if some guy is in the mood. Youā€™re automatically conceding an advantage to the opposition.

Has Roche ever been tried at centre forward and left there for a game? Always felt he was better when the game was forced on him rather than waiting for him to impose himself. I think I remember him being named centre forward but he was then moved into the corner or into a 2 man full forward line before long.

heā€™s, the polite thing to say is, timid, very accurate but seems to lack the burst over 5 yads and with that the desire to win the ball.

What age is Roche now? in and around 27-28?

He was u21 when Kildare beat is in Leinster Final in what Iā€™ll say was 2007 or 2008?

Yep he was on the u-21 team in 2008 along with Ben Brosnan and Daithi Waters

yeah, you wouldnā€™t exactly say he has established himself. I do hear that he is consistently one of the best performers at training, it must be soul destroying for a manager.

1 Like

Is that draw on wexfordgaa.ie ?

iā€™m not sure, it was last week.

I do know that Wexfordā€™s Premier GAA Twitter account will have coverage.

The Briar?

i said PREMIER

I see the game at the weekend has been moved to New Ross. The glamour of Division 4 footballā€¦

What are the pitches like int the centre of excellence?

Never been @count_of_monte_crist, but to the best of my knowledge theyā€™re good

McDonald sustained his broken thumb playing in a challenge match for Gorey against UCD freshersā€™ team, according to my sources. With his more pressing Wexford and DIT commitments and the club season not really cranked up yet, it seems like a strange decision to play in such a game.

But would he have been with the Wexford Senior team for the first two games even if he was fully fit ?