Wexford GAA 2016

oh you’d know the dates alright…

2 Likes

Ah lovely.

:pint:

Some would say none. :eek:

But I’d say the Harriers and Sarsfields.

Here chaps, I see McDonald and Guiney scored goals for DIT in their Walsh Cup victory against Kilkenny tonight.

Limerick are approaching the start of 1B as if it’s the All Ireland - they’ve a full squad (bar Na Piarsaigh players) as the universities were kicked out of the pre-season competition in Munster.

Meanwhile we’ve half our squad tied up playing with the likes of fucking DIT because Leinster still accommodates them. It’s a ridiculous state of affairs that these teams have first call on players ahead of the county teams.

I always thought McDonald and Guiney were in UCD for some reason

Guiney is heading to Australia apparently.

McDonald was in UCD last year.

Guiney might have been in the past - can’t recall.

I thought it was after a UCD game that Guiney had his run in with the gate but maybe I’m wrong.

McDonald is hardly finished in UCD already I’m guessing so he’s enjoying himself by the sounds of things.

That’s a fairly snide comment on something you dont know anything about sport.

From what i heard he changed courses as he wasnt that gone on the Arts degree.

Arts degree?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqNZK2viI5s

Outside of senior, the town teams have been going reasonable well in the last two years, with Vols, Joey’s and Muadlintown all winning county titles (admittedly in junior and intermediate A, but still) The ban on player transfers seems to be aiding the smaller clubs?

I imagine it would as they would get to keep some of their talent rather than skipping off to the Senior team in town

1 Like

How is it snide? The lad is making the most of the opportunities available to him in college and more power to him. If I was an intercounty GAA player I’d probably do the same thing.

I interpreted it as snide, tone doesnt travel well on text.

this is how i interpreted your post.

McDonald has moved already that’s very strange, he must be drinking the head of himself.

Your overly negative interpretation of the written word will come back to haunt you

it is not my overly negative interpretation of the written word per se, it is more my negative interpretation of you and your opinions.

I haven’t lived in Wexford town since 1999 but I don’t know anyone who calls the Joseph’s “the Joey’s” other than Dean Goodison in The Wexford People. @padjo, have things moved on? Are they commonly referred to as the Joey’s now?

@Padjo = Dean Goodison

1 Like

They came back on the scene in 2008 and we played them in the Co Junior B (or D or whatever the lowest grade was called back then).

I was also working in Wexford at the time and always heard them referred to as ‘the Joeys’.

That or ‘dirty shower of scumbags’.

2 Likes

:eek: