Wexford GAA 2017 - Gorey Gorey, the Messiah is still here!

I don’t think so, pal.

1 Like

I also heard Daly has pulled out of the clare race. jP must have thrown in a car.

That’s true his damaged goods now

Eats , shoots and leaves boyo . A bit of punctuation would clarify .

SLR Twitter account interesting this morning .

Great move by Davy, so it is. Kilkenny on a temporary wane means a loss of less than ten points to them is now an achievable goal. Any even slight improvement can be claimed, any loss explained away as the panel lacks top class players. Is the cunt asking for a heart attack though was he not told to get away from it.

I’m clambering on this particular bandwagon right from the very start. My mother is from Wexford and the appointment of Davy has reawakened the long dormant Wexfordness in me.

2 Likes

It would seem Pat Fitzgerald is a bit of a control freak. WTF is it about these GGA lads?

I believe it was politics and Davys Dad didn’t want AD getting the job.

I would like to welcome Davy to Wexford.
I looking forward to him squaring up to Kilkenny management team during a Walsh Cup game.
I expect Davy to join the list of great Wexford managers
Liam Griffin
Tony Dempsey etc

Would like to formally thank Liam Dunne for his efforts. Beating Cork in Thurles was worth the eait

1 Like

:joy:

Has a managerial appointment in Wexford generated such excitement since Cyril Farrell in 1992?

Davy is under pressure straight away though. The last former Clare inter-county hurler to manage Wexford delivered an All Ireland in the second and final year of his two year tenure.

What previous roles did Liam Dunne have in management pal?

Sincere question.

he was over Oulart for two years previous to the Wexford job.

1 Like

Thanks pal…I was wondering.

that was at a time anyone could have managed oulart and they would have won the championship

1 Like

Remember in 1992 I was convinced we would win the All Ireland with Cyril Farrell.
Cyril’s use of 2 man full forward final in 1986 semi final (conveniently forgetting didn’t work in final) had the young me convinced he was a hurling genius

There was an interview with Stoney Burke the week before the Leinster final.
He was asked a question along the line negate the team at 100% for the final.

Storey advised the Leinster final was only the 3rdstep of a 5 step season that would end with an All Ireland win.
That was the exact moment I knew we were screwed.

Our record with “outside” managers is bleak.
Anyway welcome Davy.
Were back, were box office

2 Likes

i was only a chap when Farrell was spoken about in hushed tones…it was an absolute coup to get him at the time…

was 92 the year we drew with KK in the Leinster final only to be beaten in the replay?

Liam Dunne wouldn’t train lassie to bark, finally Wexford have a manager of proven senior inter county experience, a winner, a man who will not accept second best, who demands the best

Wexford were beyond deplorable in that 1992 Leinster Final. They finished the game with 13 men as well, Dermot Prendergast and Larry O’Gorman getting the line. Wexford had a real knack throughout the 80’s and into the early 90’s of not finishing with the full compliment of men against Kilkenny.

Wexford tossed away the minor final in 1992 as well. Damien Fitzhenry was brought up from goal late in the game to take a penalty that would have finished the contest off but missed it. Kilkenny got something like 1-2 without reply in the last three or four minutes to win by a point. The Kilkenny full forward that got the goal was from Graiguenamanagh and was killed in a drowning accident about a year later.