Wexford GAA 2017 - Gorey Gorey, the Messiah is still here!

The pain of conceding a 4 pt lead to draw and losing replay was 1993.

A different type of pain compared to 1992.
In 1992 think we ended up with 2 send off.

Also a very good minor team (Damian Fitzhenry, Rory McCarthy, Gary Laffan) lost by a pt to Kilkenny in the “curtain raiser”

Did Cyril Farrell have the actual title of “manager”, @GeoffreyBoycott? Was he not brought in as trainer under Christy Keogh or have I that all wrong? I remember hearing the stories as a kid about players vomiting on the pitch because his training was so tough. My Dad and his pals thought this was a sure sign Wexford were going to win Leinster that year.

Really was a dispiriting day.
Discipline was an area to focus on alright. Back then corner backs were savage in their play

Hurling needs Wexford to cop the fuck on and get back competitive again.

I’d sincerely like to see ye win Leinster next year.

Fran Doyle RIP

1 Like

Yes Farrell, was brought in as some sort of adviser. I’m struggling to recall whether it was Christy Keogh or Martin Quigley that was at the helm in 1992.

Christy Keogh had any number of stints as Wexford manager. He was the helm in 1988 & 89, Martin Quigley, I think was at the helm in 1990 & 91 and it was a Christy Keogh, Dave Bernie & Jimmy Furling triumvirate in 1993 & 94. I can’t actually recall whether it was Martin Quigley or Christy Keogh that was there in 1992. I think actually, it was Christy Keogh in 1992.

2 Likes

+1

+2

Patsy Fanning is part of the back room team.

1 Like

Paul Bridges was one of the two sent off anyhow.

Any word on the football manager?

I am here with some of the new regime

#theskyandtheground

@bandage

2 Likes

How’s the atmosphere in Wexford? I haven’t been there since August but will rectify that next weekend for the hurling final. I’m hoping our next manager will be introduced to the crowd.

Buzzing pal.

We will be running a fundraising campaign to “adopt a player” soon

5k -details to be provided. Heath and wellness talk etc

Ps

Great tunes here but rubbish women

Something very special is about to happen in Wexford

Make sure and have a rissole from Premier a few doors up on your way home tonight.

1 Like

We are having a fantastic night pal

Sure I know, mate. People scrambling around other fora trying desperately to find out who’s on the backroom team and I’m after listing them above.

1 Like

A waste, of merge talent, you fools.

Glynn after bottling it…