Wexford GAA 2017 - Gorey Gorey, the Messiah is still here!

I won’t rise to you, our e friendship means too much to us both to risk it over this.

This issue seems to have resolved itself anyway. Every cloud and all that.

5 Likes

Will this be our first leinster minor semifinal since 1999? You’d probably know @Gman?

as far as I know it is. We had beaten no other team other than Kilkenny or Carlow/Wicklow up until 2013, nor won a first round game against anyone other than Kilkenny either from what I remember. Also helped this year by the reduction of the double qualifier round, so we only had one game after the first round loss than the potential 2. Still, we have only beaten Carlow and Wicklow and into the semi final! The bit of a break now will help and start getting a more solid panel and team.

1 Like

In fairness it was a great draw alright :slight_smile: they are not out for another 6-7 weeks, so all the new arrivals should have time to bed in…

exactly. think 3 or 4 were in last week with one change made already. Couple of positions could do with strengthening up, fairly solid throughout now (for as good as we’d get) so hopefully the next few weeks helps to get team planning and actual tactics done with no real distractions (other than the stupid leaving cert)

I think around 7 active forum members played in either the drawn or replayed 1999 Leinster Minor Football Final.

1 Like

All Dublin or any Wexford ones in that 7?

Sure @Mac scored all of Wexford’s points in the first game

1 Like

I thought you were the manager that year?

Scoring all your teams points in an underage game is never worth highlighting

1 Like

That would mean I am a TFK members father? :scream:

1 Like

Sure @Scrunchie is the spitting image of you.

Just reading the local press for an update on player availability ahead of the hurling on Sunday.

Shaun Murphy is fit and available.

Damien Reck (ankle ligaments) and Willie Devereux (hamstring) are out. James Breen is doubtful due to recurring headaches.

As semi-exclusively revealed on Sunday, Rory O’Connor, Conor Firman and Pádraig / Podge Doyle have joined the squad.

Long term absentees Andrew Shore, Shane Tomkins and Liam Og McGovern are back in training but unlikely to be ready / involved.

Eoin Moore and Podge Doran missed the last few games in the league but have been back hurling with their clubs.

Mark Fanning got a hand injury in training but should be fine.

So that’s Reck and Devereux definitely to be replaced from the defensive unit which started against Kilkenny and Tipperary in the league knock-out stages.

Wexford got Louth in the minor football semi-final draw this evening. Both sides will be glad to avoid Dublin and Kildare.

1 Like

:open_mouth:

Hotel booked for the 10th. You boys better get over Leix this weekend.

Any team news?
I assume we will name a dummy team to confuse the “O’Moore county men” - (as per Brian Carty).
+8 for Laois seems bit high, think will be closer.

Which hotel did you plump for, mate?

Hotels seem to be in short supply. Only place I could get was the Maldron