Wexford GAA 2017 - Gorey Gorey, the Messiah is still here!

You’re a fucktard

@artfoley I saw a photo of your famous relative with some pals of mine in America yesterday. He’s looking well, 89 years old, all he wanted to talk about was the Galway match apparently.

Looking forward to my copy of The Wexford People landing this morning to read all the Leinster Final reaction.

Leinster minor football semi-final at home to Louth this evening.

Leinster U21 hurling final away to Kilkenny tomorrow evening (live on TG4).

Did he watch it on gaago?

Still coming to after the Sunday drinking session and horrible bus trip back to Letterkenny, through the non-EU territories yesterday.

Galway were worth every bit of that win. They appear to have combined the best bits of the Kilkenny and Cork teams of the 2000s. Like Kilkenny in that they’re a big and strong team who focus on winning their own ball, move it into space and like Cork in that they’re happy to chip away with points all day to create the daylight between themselves and other teams. Canning’s free taking is wonderful as well.

The only way I can see them getting into trouble would be if they go out on a day in terrible conditions when it makes point taking from the sideline a much bigger ordeal.

With regard to us it appears that we were every bit as premature, as many had said on here, in allowing our expectations to get the better of us. Lots of young players got a nice lesson being on the end of that kind of a beating in Croker. Hopefully this is ‘the one you have to lose before you win one’.

We had very little going forward when the chips were down. Missing frees cost us in the same way that it did against Tipperary in the NHL semi final. The sooner they move Guiney onto them the better. No way should Conor Mac have been allowed to hit the penalty. Play to your strengths all day long and Fanning it the best penalty take on the team. While there was the potential for a momentum swing there I still don’t think we would have beaten that Galway team.

Dunbar did well and it was disappointing not giving Rory O’Connor a run but if he’s only back at training after the leaving I suppose they were holding him back for Wednesday.

3 Likes

Tonight ?

Tomorrow night.

1 Like

I watched the first half of the Leinster Final again last night. I underrated Aidan Nolan’s display - he was on the ball an awful lot and set up many attacks. Won an awful lot of dirty ball so he did.

The Wexford People is reporting that Damien Reck will be out for another 4 weeks. :cry:

A Reck-less wexford team

That will be reck-tified in 4 weeks apparently.

Clare need to win to save the 2018 championship

:eek:

@Gman, will John Nolan be wearing Wexford GAA attire tonight? Hope he’s not wearing that New England Patriots sweatshirt anyway.

He certainly would’ve been feeling deflated on sunday

Don’t know pal, not around to see it. But if wearing a winning teams attire inspires confidence, then I’m all for it.

Minor footballers in an agonising 4-10 to 2-15 loss.

2 Likes

Great match down in the Park, very unlucky to lose in the end. Some turn around since the first game against offaly

2 Likes

Great to see Louth win . Nothing against Wexford but I have great memories of Louth and St Patrick’s GAA . Best of luck to Wexford tomorrow night .

Q. Who the fuck rings someone at 12.32am on a Wednesday morning to chat about a minor football match?

A. My auld lad.

A sensational game of football apparently.

11 Likes