Wexford GAA 2018

informative, were the two lads who went to States with the team during the league, or are they gone a while?

Mary Black’s boy ??

They were, Pigott is the fella who pissed off Brendan Murphy, a definite starter.

Colm didn’t see any game time during the league due to injury.

1 Like

Actually, I meant to give you shite over that. When you were on crowing about Murphy fucking off to the states, only for the little piggot go and follow him over too! Taking man marking duties to a whole new level!

It’ll take some miracle for Laois to lose this

How are things going with Davy?

There was a good fundraiser in the Stillorgan Park Hotel last week so he’s definitely alright until the end of May

5 Likes

Heard they’re hurling Clare tonight in Portlaoise

Mags Darcy is playing centre back I heard.

Pigott is a chap, who only broke onto the team in the last round of the league. Not what you’d call an integral part of a team who were boasting about “Carlow Rising”.

Clonad I presume?

Just heard Portlaoise, presume it’s behind closed doors…

You’d do well to find a door in Clonad if thats where it is. Davy would be a regular user of it over the years I think.

Pretty sure it was last night

Heard it was tonight but could be wrong.

What’s our likely starting team against Dublin?

I class you as “in the know” when it comes to Wexford hurling.

Wexford has been chosen as the county to host the 2019 GAA Congress.

The news will come as a financial boost to the county as up to 1,000 people are set to attend the event, which looks likely (although not confirmed) to be held in the Clayton Whites Hotel in Wexford town.

Wexford vice-chairman Micheal Martin revealed to the Wexford People that negotiations have been ongoing for some time, but they received official confirmation last week.

"We met with Croke Park officials a number of times to discuss our applications and we found out last week that we were successful. Pairc Ui Chaoimh, Clare and Mayo had also expressed an interest but fortunately we were chosen to host it.

“It will be a major boost for the county because there will be around 1,000 people coming to Wexford for it including 130 delegates from overseas and their partners.”

He added: Whites looks the most likely option because of its capacity bit all the other hotels in the town and county will benefit too in terms of beds and hospitality."

Pretty similar to the team that lined out in latter stages of the league from what I’ve heard. Think O’ Hanlon only concern with a hamstring injury but likely to be ok. Corner back is still a worry for us. Didn’t hear any more on the challenge V Clare after.

It’ll be interesting to see how the Dubs go Sunday. Was very confident about us taking them couple of months ago but would take any win at this stage.

It was tonight. Clare won 2-20 to 1-16

1 Like

You hear any reports on how Wexford lined out?