Wexford GAA 2019

I make that 10 goals conceded in 4 games.
Bleak times.

Is that true though, McLaughlin is on about €10,000. He has them in a shambles alright.

100%. There is aa considerable amount being spent on fitness coach for football, which considering their output is completely unacceptable
the money going out of the county board account to both back room set ups is similar. If the hurling can manage outside funds to boost them, so be it, but very little in it from county boards perspective

1 Like

Heard he was on 30,000, which you’d really wonder about as we have been over-ran in second half in three of our four games…

1 Like

Up yer bollix Wexford

2 Likes

Championship and league win, both in fortress Inovate Park, for Waterford over Wexford now. Wexford have gone from the AI semi final in 2008 to very last in the country at the moment. ten years, I dont know if there has been a bigger fall from contention by a team. You could say Offaly hurling, but they have dropped to outside a top 10, not outside a top 30.

Ye were only any use when ye had a Waterford man to mind ye.

3 Likes

:open_mouth:

Derry football would come close I guess.

1 Like

yeah but in fairness to them, it was a bad run where they are correcting it. 3 relegations in a row? I think they over achieved (much like us) in being in Div 1, but they are far too good to be in Div 4. Wexford have a prolonged shitness to them that is showing no signs of stopping any time soon.

Is this New Ross?

As an aside it must be close to the last time Stephen Grehan played for Kilkenny.

Yep, I think I was at this.

Mitch Jordan running riot in the second half there.

Maybe Hopper McGrath with the last goal but not sure.

Don’t think we ever saw Sack Walsh and Skinner Walsh playing in same full back line together for the purple and gold

Remember Skinner playing a few league games not sure if ever played championship

1 Like

Tom Dempsey and Martin Storey must have been 35/36 at that stage.

Proper manly stuff, young lads playing nowadays would do a cruciate just watching that

Bit of reaction on the football front lately. Liam fardy called a public meeting to call on the county board to resign over the state of football at the moment. He was supported in this by the previous chairman and Brendan Furlong.

Brendan had the scoop on Paddy Christie taking over the coaching of the senior team, although he was beaten to the punch by Ronan Fagan who announced it is actually Colin Kelly who is taking over the coaching of the team with the current management staying in place.

There’s great craic going on behind the scenes in all of this bluster.

Poor aul Brendan taking the football meeting and then the closed doors meetings by the county board very hard. Lots of digs thrown this week all over the place. Even had a go at some lad on facebook over saying only 18 attended when 38 were there. Using others to throw digs at the chairman and the county board though is lousy shit and he is getting other people involved in his own personal vendetta. I love too how he said McLoughlin announced Colin Kelly was coming in the help out, when McLoughlin didnt announce anything at all and he didnt even tell his players what was happening.

Hi Brendan.

1 Like

So is Kelly involved or what? Is it a bit of a mess?

Kelly is involved, he is to take over the coaching and tactical training etc of the team and McLoughlin is the manager rather than both roles. Re reading my point above, I can see the confusion. It was more Brendan saying how McLoughlin announced this news, when in fact McLoughlin didnt announce anything and it was Ronan Fagan who announced it. I’m not sure why McLoughlin didnt tell the players though about the plan before it was made public.

So Paddy Christie isn’t involved at all? Does anyone give a toss at this stage? It’s all about the league for the footballers.

Ronan made the salient point that if we’d beaten London and Waterford that we’d be in the shake up for promotion. I chuckled when I saw it.