Wexford GAA 2023 🐐

I don’t unfortunately, I’d guess either Ferns or Carriganore where Waterford train. Footballers playing round 1 of the league next Saturday so hardly in the park.

1 Like

Offaly have named a weakened side. Laois’s seems relatively strong but still a few chaps included

Uibh Fhaili! Uibh Fhaili!

Mate we needed to win by 25 points…

All square in Tullamore

Offaly win? What does that mean for us?

Walsh cup final v Galway, meant to be croke park next Saturday at 3 before Dublin v Kildare.

1 Like

Great, two more unnecessary games on the Croke Park sod.

1 Like

Was it last season we played Dublin in a Walsh Cup final and got hockeyed? Or was that the season before?

It was last year, beat Limerick in the league the weekend after.

BDE might not want to face Galway 2 weekends in a row. Perhaps he could experiment some more next weekend and then a stronger team for the league game.

Will we expect another sell out for the footballers league opener under lights vs London? Surely there’s charter flights full to the brim coming in for the game as well?

1 Like

CB have requested that WC and league game double up as WC final, depends if Galway agree on it.

By any chance have Galway home advantage in the league?

Makes sense. Was obvious last year that the wc final was ignored entirely and once they played the last group game, focus went onto league. Wc final was in the way of tuis prep. Ive no issue with that again, forget about travelling up to dublin next week for a nothing game and leave it til the league one and double it up. Neither side will play anywhere close to a full team next week if out for league game the week after

1 Like

Wexford are at home under the Qatari style floodlights on the opening Saturday evening.

1 Like

They’ll be known as the Qatar lights forever wont they? Can thank your aul lad for that.

Ah, I thought they were suggesting next weekend to double up.

Common sense the game next weekend would have been the shadowest of shadow boxing if it had been played.

4 Likes