Wexford GAA 2023 🐐

Wonder are Porter, 2 Brooks and Liam O’Connor injured surprised their not in the 26, surprised too Dylan Furlong is only a sub, he was 1 of the positives of last year.

Anyone go to the hurling in Ferns tonight?

They got a decent beating. Was 2-17 to 0-8 last I heard.

Heard at half time they were down 2:14-0:6 alright. Cian Byrne in goal, Conor Firman, Kyle Scallan and that lad from Glynn in back line. Give ya idea of team they had.

On another note, I heard from a very reliable source today that 6 of the starting forwards from Glynn are off travelling and won’t be playing championship.

I got a good report on the above game which rubbishes the report above. Wexford took the game on the presumption that it was a game for lads not on a first 15.

Davy went all out with all those seemimgly out injured in the above article playing prominent roles. He never let at all. A bystander described it as an ego trip for Davy with his playacting.

1 Like

Sounds like Davy mugged them off good n proper

Huge crowd here at fortress Wexford park. The magic of lights. The footballs not great

Sounds like Coach Hegarty has us purring

FFS sake London equalise with goal with last play of game.

Fuck sake

2 Likes

That’d fuckin wreck your head. Referee was absolutely dogshit on top of it.

2 Likes

Never seen the crowd in the park dominated as much by u16s, absolute sicker at the end, shouldn’t be in that position 6 points up with 20 mins left, less said the better about the ref.

You see this and it’s fairly clear which team were on top and should have won

Them 2x red cards came in last few mins.

Dreadful lack of discipline

10 scores from 27 scoring chances while letting them score 7 of their 10 scores from frees was how I read it

3,500 at it according to Ronan Fagans report on RTE, about 3 thousand more than I expected. Think they were giving out free tickets in schools or something to that effect.

They did give free tickets. Even though kids are free in anyway :man_shrugging:

That’s what i was thinking too, unless they gave free tickets that the parents could use. Heard it off a couple of but was equally confused.

1 Like

@padjo how did Cahir go?

Grand, Wexford only played with two forwards for most of the match so he wasn’t under much pressure. He’s wintered well though