Wexford GAA 2023 🐐

Poor choice of words. Maybe beyond experimental is more apt. But a very odd game to go experimenting with given they could be completely torn asunder

1 Like

Think they’re down to the bare bones tbh. Don’t think any of the 4/5 that went off injured in Cork are fit & lads that were listed as dropped from the panel after the Clare debacle are involved in the 26 (e.g. Niall Murphy & Joe O’Connor).

1 Like

They weren’t dropped in the conventional sense.

A bit in the unconventional sense.

It’s only Limerick lads

Good to see 47 year old Conor Foley playing

4 Likes

I dont think it can go any worse than the Clare game so wouldnt read a whole lot into it to be honest.

Were they dunked into the sloblands or something?

We’re fucked for the championship.

Any updates on any of the injured players? Id imagine Matt O Hanlon and Ryan are doubtful for the Galway game.

5 weeks… plenty of time

Your right, no point rushing lads back to play in this match. Lets hope for a good showingvfrom the lads.

Jack O’ Connor was wing back on the U21 teams too.

Don’t think Niall Murphy was dropped. He was on the panel the last day against Cork. It was a different Ferns player Eoin Murphy who was dropped. I was surprised to see Joe O’ Connor dropped to begin with given the dearth of defenders.

1 Like

Id prefer to see Joe O C in midfield or half forward. I was never that convinced with him at corner back.

That was Fanning’s chance to get back in the team and he gave a goal to them. I’d have Lawlor in the goal for Galway.

Also a couple of puck outs went astray that resulted in points for Limerick. Thats according to Spratt.

1 Like

He’s had enough chances now. Not good enough.

The man who famously asked Billy Byrne when they arrived in Parnell park for a Leinster u21 final was traffic bad for him on the way up. Billy’s reply ‘it was bad enough Liam , shur i was in your car’

:rofl: i know, thats what he said

What’s the general mood/feeling towards Coach Egan in Wexford currently?

Judge him on the championship.