Wexford GAA 2023 🐐

Has there ever been a Monageer man on the Wexford football panel before?

Saw on Facebook a few weeks ago a photo of a Wexford football team from early 80s
One of the Rowsome twins was on it, I’m assuming he was Monager at time

1 Like

Before my time :slight_smile:

Walsh is a good footballer, think he played in a Sigerson final with Carlow IT

1 Like

A Naomh Eanna man starting for Wexford footballers. Who would the last one of those have been?

Darragh Breen maybe?

1 Like

I’d say you’re right. I never even had him pegged as a Naomh Eanna man either

1 Like

Jamie John Murphy in the Bunclody jersey. Didn’t realise he was at that level. Daire Bolger has the potential to be a good forward.

Michael molly played with the footballers recently but that may have been during his brief stint with Kilanerin

Keep thinking Trevor Kelly was involved at some point.

Think John Hegarty (not the current boss) was with Monageer when he played for Wexford.

1 Like

Had a look through Wexford GAA bible 1887-2020, and can only find Billy Rowsome as Monageers only footballer to play a championship game (I’m sure some must have played league)

Fogra eile- Never realised these 2 clubs existed

Mulgannon Harriers - assume some merger lead to Faythe Harriers

Raheen Heartbreakers

3 Likes

First edition wasn’t 100% reliable. Graeme Molloy was listed as Fethard. @Gman might have been behind that though.

2 Likes

@gman getting ahead of himself…

Brian Molloy in the same James top as Kog… second row

ah sure he is here embedded with us now and the family. And the father was here too. Sure we’ll ignore the middle bit…

Was he a Kerry man? Findng it hard to place him

He was a Kerryman alright, was in the squad for a year or two.

1 Like

Have him now. Saw him play for Monageer in a Junior final, was the main man for them that year

mater semper certa est.

People on the peninsula have been known to change allegiance I believe…

1 Like

Against Mary’s? 98, took us to replay.

I can’t remember, to be honest, twas a long time ago. The fact that Monageer had a kerry man playing for them was the most notable thing about the match. It must have been a double header for me to be at it, maybe with the senior final?