Wexford GAA 2024

Charlie Mcguckin out for Sunday.

Perhaps an opportunity for Molloy

1 Like

It sounds like Rory O will start, going on Rossi interview in the paper.

1 Like

@binkybarnes how’d ya reckon this will go yourself on Sunday? Ya coming down? Any injuries?

Yes. Travelling more in hope than expectation. Eoghan o Donnell ,Paddy Doyle and chris crummy are back so should improve our defence which was appalling during the league. We were blessed to beat wexford the last 2 years. I don’t think we have improved and wexford look like they may have so Dublin at 2/1 looks about right. Wexford often struggle as favourites so I’m clinging to that! We had a good outing v limerick in a challenge a few weeks ago so im clinging to that too.

1 Like

I think Wex should have enough to beat Dublin at the weekend. Both teams have players coming back from injury who got limited league time which gives a lot of unknowns as to what form they are in.

In Wexfords favour, they are at home and should have a big following. Secondly they had a solid league in which they were competitive. Rossiter has a clear structure in place. Thirdly they have found a scattering of new players who can compete at this level. Dublin have none of the above.

However in Dublins favour you can never underestimate Wexfords ability to self sabotage. Tipp in 19 and Westmeath in 23 being prime examples. They should have hammered Dublin last year. Dublin won by a point hitting barely any wides and getting a few worldies from Donal Burke. Dublin also availed of a scuttery goal. Wexford had something like 20 wides the same night.

If Dublin have them all fit I imagine they’ll line out like this.

S Brennan

P Smyth
E O Donnell
P Doyle

C Crummy
C Donohoe
D Grey

C Burke
M Grogan

B Hayes
D Burke
R Hayes

D Suttcliffe
C O Sullivan
P Crummey/S Currie/D O Dualing/ F Whitely

1 Like

Curious questions here.

What do you think Rossi’s structure is?

How many do you think will be at the game?

Will there be 8,000? Doubt it. Wexford supporters are exceptionally fair weather.

1 Like

Doubt there will be 1500 there from Dublin unless Crokes bring buses of kids down like they did to KK last year.

Maybe structure is the wrong word to use. They just seem a more settled team. They showed good spirit over the league to grind out games. That has to stand to a team.

Having a good GK being an immediate bonus. The two GKs last year were a mile off IC standard.

Crokes have a load of teams playing in an U9 blitz in Craanford just outside Gorey on Sunday morning. Wouldn’t surprise me if they’re making a day of it and going on to Wexford Park after it

1 Like

Going out to Pairc Carman as well.

Fair play to them. They have some conveyor belt of talent coming through.

They’ll win an AI club hurling in the next five years if managed properly.

:money_with_wings::moneybag::money_mouth_face::heavy_dollar_sign::money_with_wings:

They’ve been at that as long as I can remember. (not sure if you’re messing).

They have 9 lads on the Senior panel. 4 of the best 5 lads on the 20s and a few seasoned older heads.

All inhouse too, not like their footballers.

It’ll be them and Clarinbridge in 2028 cc @peddlerscross

1 Like

We’re talking about Crokes* here and not some Wexford crowd like Shelmaliers right?

1 Like

Hard to trust wexford. Rise their game for kilkenny especially but struggle badly against westmeath, dublin etc.
Be as well to start the full forward line who played most of league and have Rory ó Connor and Mcdonald to bring in for last 20 minutes.

1 Like

They’re unreal at mustering team, buses and parents to head away to games like this, fair fucks to @TheUlteriorMotive and the his cohorts, its very impressive.

Granted, they fuck them all out the door once they turn 17 but shur such is life.

1 Like

The journey is the process. The destination is the journey.

1 Like

Crokes are planning an invasion of Wexford Park alright, we are aware of the impending arrival of thousands of kids into Wexford Park.

Although I was fully aboard the Na Fianna train last year in Dublin Hurling, I will be throwing my financial (not moral) support behind Kilmacud Crokes* for the Dublin and Leinster Club Senior Hurling Championships this season.

2/1 for Dublin is a great price.