Wexford GAA 2024

By God another great win for Wexford today. This time by 3-9 to 0-14 against Division 2 Kildare. Next up a semi-final against Dublin in Parnell Park which will suit the likes of @Bandage down to the ground.

2 Likes

I [quote=“Mac, post:60, topic:38301, full:true”]

How many supporters were there? A midweek O’Byrne cup game between a Division 3 and 4 team on a freezing evening wouldn’t exactly be a bit crowd attraction
[/quote]

I was there, wasn’t arsed going up to Ferns after though

Only O’Byrne Cup but should give the team a bit of confidence, Pauric Hughes is developing into a brilliant player.

If it gives them the confidence to kick on for a good league campaign and get out of Division 4 then it’ll be worth it. Great to see wins against teams like Kildare in any competition

1 Like

Fully agree, good to get a decent run injury wise aswel, we were crippled with them last year for the league.

A respectable defeat with no injuries against Dublin would be the perfect result

And to think the likes of @Gman would be quick to criticise O’Grady

https://twitter.com/gaaleinster/status/1743682673434878204?t=-M6O4Mzo-EuUK7JE9IJxcA&s=19

2 Likes

They actually might have a chance if they go for it, think it’s Dublin’s 3rd team like the 2 or 3 times they’ve played in Pats Park over the last 10 years, Dublin only beat Offaly by a point today.

1 Like

That’s only as he is from St. James’.

1 Like

Anyone catch the game today? Fair beating from essentially Dublin’s 3rd string, suppose it’s all preparation for the league and would be soon forgotten if they make a good push at promotion.

Offaly at home and Waterford away in the nhl are live on tg4 I see.

https://twitter.com/OfficialWexGAA/status/1748085844005580945?t=8goDEDa5WIdkKRTgQLUrFw&s=19

https://twitter.com/OfficialWexGAA/status/1748089649073959088?s=20

I’m not convinced by this one. You have a scenario, thats not too far out there, that a team that loses 5 group games will be in a quarter final and a team that could win 3 of 5 games will be knocked out. It does give the team who finishes 1st and 2nd in the group a week off too.

That doesn’t read right. So the 6th place team have one win and get to a Q Final but the 3rd place team lose a single knock out game and they’re out?

Wait though, do the 2 6th teams play each other? Or do the 5th and 6th teams in a group play each other?

Yeah I’m not sure on that. The way that reads its the 5th and 6th teams within the group play each other, not a cross group game. But yeah, a team who finishes 6th can be in the quarters ahead of a team who finishes 3rd.

It’s mad that there’s a game where the winner gets a Q final place and the loser is in a relegation final. And a game where the winner gets a Q final and the loser is out completely. If you lose 2 games then there’s no incentive to win all the rest of them really

And yet Kilkenny have no issue with this scenario. For the last 20 years.

Fuck Kilkenny.

I’d agree with that.

Fuck them.