Wexford GAA 2024

Thereā€™s proā€™s and conā€™s from what I can see, biggest downside obviously being 2 teams who finish 5th or 6th in the group make the QF while 2 who finish 3rd or 4th donā€™t. Biggest positive seems to be it will keep teams honest right through the group phase as the higher you finish the better not the scenario of teams winning their 1st 3 games in the group and essentially 2 dead rubbers then to finish the group, top 2 in the groups get a week off which could be very beneficial especially with clubs with alot of dual players, there might be a narrative of ā€˜ah sure 3rd place and bottom of the group both get a preliminary QFā€™ but 3rd and 4th are guaranteed to avoid relegation while 5th and 6th arenā€™t.

I donā€™t know if it will work or not but I wouldnā€™t be shitting on it straight away, I think its worth a try for the year and then review next winter weather it worked or not.

Best of luck to both sides today. Iā€™m sure Callan will give a warm welcome to Wexford. For those with EVs thereā€™s a fast charger on the green to the right as you head to JLP, across from the playground. There is a slow charger in the car park adjacent to the Roman Catholic Church.

Anyone up at it? Judging by Buffā€™s videos Jack Oā€™Connor had a good game. Would say thatā€™s our 2nd team, compared to Kkā€™s probably 3rd team.

I caught the 2nd half on clubber tv. Jacko was quite in the 2nd half but came up with a point when needed and won a free towards the end. Jacko can be great but can go in and out games.

I didnt know there was black cards in hurling, we played the final 10mins with 13 men. Tucker got sent off, straight red 10mins into the 2nd half.

Conditions werent great but i thought we battled hard.

2 Likes

Youā€™d feel sorry for Tucker in what was just his 2nd competitive game at senior inter-county level Iā€™d imagine. Heā€™s not that kind of player either. It was Niall Murphy who picked up the black card near the end. I look forward to consuming Buffā€™s shenanigans in Callan on Snapchat later.

1 Like

He made Killarney in short time for the dinner. No wonder he fucks up cars.

1 Like

He seems to think Zach Bay Hammond is called Zach Mohammed. A fine looking steak and spuds dinner in Killarney to be fair.

1 Like

Black cards in hurling? What the good fuck? Is this just a Walsh Cup thing?

1 Like

He thinks Tomas Kinsellaā€™s nickname is ā€œTuckā€.

2 Likes

Id hope its just Walsh Cup but not sure

You donā€™t remember the Aidan McCarthy controversy in Championship a couple of years ago with your countyman as ref?

Donā€™t know how you came to that conclusion, they were similar to ourselves few experienced faces in a mostly experimental team, 3 of their starters started the All Ireland Final last year with another 2 or 3 in the panel a good few years.

Was up at it, only Walsh Cup and only January but most pleasing thing was the workrate, might sound like the most basic thing but didnā€™t see it too often last year, hurled very well in the 1st half and ground it out in the 2nd with numerical disadvantage. Backs were very solid with Damien Reck and Conor Foley ( before going off injured) the standouts, Charlie Mcguckin very busy too. 2 starting midfielders of Corey Byrne Dunbar and Conor Hearne although Hearne went off injured early in the 2nd half both did well and got on alot of ball and James Byrne from Askamore who came for Hearne did well too. Jack Oā€™Connor was man of the match, he really needs to become more consistent though as even against Carlow last week he was poor, Kevin Foley was very good again at centre forward 1st and then in deeper positions when we were down to 14 men and 13 men for 10 mins. Casey was good on frees got either 9 out of 9 or 9 out of 10 and a few of them tough positions too. Cian Byrne got 1 lovely point while Richie Lawlor and Tucker Kinsella worked very hard. Kilkenny were poor to be honest did everything at slower pace to ourselves, 2 goals in the last 10 mins put a flattering look on the scoreboard. Of the 18 or 19 players we used 7 of them were from the last 2 u20 teams so good to see that many new faces involved.

Didnā€™t see the red card incident as was watching for a sideline about to be taken just heard a roar from the crowd and seen a Kilkenny player on the ground and the melee from Buffs snapchat afterwards.

3 Likes

The all weather is enabling the tide turning Iā€™m sure.

Duggan getting a chance in goal. Happy to see Cian Molloy getting a start, hes a good prospect.

Good win today. lots of new players seeing action. Tough league group upcoming with kilkenny, cork clare and waterford all to play.

Does anyone have any idea why so many injuries in the wexford camp? Last year same, key players out for long spells.

Maybe issues with over training, seems to a issue in sport in general at the moment Munster in rugby, Spurs and Newcastle in the Premier league all getting hit badly.

Galway have a strong side out?

Not at all, we were missing plenty as well.