Wexford GAA 2024

Welcome by the way.
How many points did you get in the leaving?

@Mac will be along with your onboarding forms shortly.

Both teams had similar amount of regulars playing, Iā€™d say Galway maybe even 1 or 2 more, Chin playing and his importance is a factor to be considered too. And welcome too :+1:

Seen on galway thread Kevin Cooney suffered a serious injury. Heā€™s been electric last year or 2.

Right crowd here in fortress Wexford Park.

Sorry I couldnā€™t make it this year mate, let me know how we go. I hear weā€™re down a keeper

1 Like

I hear the light show was incredible

I may have heard wrong, heā€™s starting now

Poor stuff from Wexford so far. Very loose at the back, no defensive shape

Gave out a load of free passes in primary schools to kids during the week even though theyā€™re free in away, very same for the London game last year and got a big crowd, very poor showing no bit of urgency or zip to them at all, worst Iā€™ve seen them under Hegarty, youā€™d have to hope its a blip rather than a sign of things to come.

1 Like

Twas an awful game. Bealin named at full forward played in a centre back type position but did nothing, didnt mark up or tackle as the free man and didnt bring the ball forward. No surprise to see him off at half time. The forwards generally were poor, highlighted by the fact that 5 of the 6 were substituted. Some woeful wides kicked. Brosnan and KOG looked off the pace and their experience was shown up by a lack off pace and control of the ball. Cian Hughes somewhat opposite looked young, inexperienced and was turned over due to lack of strength on the ball a lot. Nolan showed well onnthe ball and pacy but took a hig hit so id imagine thats why he didnt come back on at half time. The backs werent too bad, distribution at times poor or taking it into the tackle. Malone and Lyons were very good at carrying at speed and making breaks and both got nice scores. Tubritt in the goal looked awfully inexperienced. Far too slow to take a kick out to a free man and more often than not then he just lumped it down to a bunch of players rather than try pick out a pass.

It was a poor showing all told. Lets hope it was a blip and that they do better. They had nearly as many chances as Laois but yet ended up hammered. Thats a poor indictment of the shooting. The free from Pettit at the end summing the whole evening up.

1 Like

Good point away from home. The young players really stood up in the second-half. Likes of Patsy Molloy, Tucker Kinsella and Cian Byrne with crucial contributions. Rossiter freshening things up a bit with the likes of James Byrne and Niall Murphy in the starting team. The former seems to be above Cathal Dunbar in the pecking order at present.

1 Like

Kilkenny scoring 2.9 from frees to our 0.4. Either our tackling is quite poor or the ref was playing it up to the home side. Billy was unhappy at the emd with him anyway.

All things considered, with a very youthful and inexperienced side, thats a good result and a good performance to dig out a draw being 3 down in injury time.

1 Like

Kilkenny donā€™t know how to beat Wexford these days.

Not a good record alright in recent years, thankfully!

The wex hex you could say

Encouraging for wexford so far. Conor foley, cian Byrne, Byrne - Dunbar, Molloy all making impressions.
Not many of the kilkenny u20 who beat wexford 2 years ago making it yet, which is interesting.

1 Like

Billy Drennan was decent today. Harry Shine quiet enough though.

Delighted with the draw. I couldnt get to Kilkenny today and listened to Spratt and co. It is encouraging so far but lets keep the heads down and make sure of the 2 points v Offaly.

At taking frees? He was only on for 20 minutes.

A good result all things considered.

More scores from frees doesnā€™t mean much about ref bias.

They got 4 more frees than us overall.

The Penos were meh. Yer man sort of played Reck for the second one but it sort of looked like a duck and quacked like a duck so the ref thought it was a duck.

Decent showing by our lads though.

Pity a few of them arenā€™t bulkier but hopefully theyā€™ll develop.

1 Like