Wexford GAA 2024

Yeah thats why i asked if it was us or the ref was the issue. From a kk point of view, 7 points from play is a poor return. But i wasnt there so only really going on Liams bad commentary and the stats.

Good result all things considered tho. That was a young team out so good to see so many stake a claim for spots in the team/squad

Mad that no one from rathnure or oulart on panel. You’ve got horeswood, fethard and askamore represented now. Great to see lads coming through from these non traditional clubs.

Horeswood very traditional.

No Buffers Alley representative either. Fair play to Keith Rossiter for not including a token Oulart panel member for the sake of it.

Ross district has come on alot in last decade, Fethard, St James, Taghmon, Horeswood and Gusserane all getting promoted to Intermediate in that time.

Enjoyed this week’s podcast with the lads, Ed & Doc. Featuring a humorous anecdote from Doc about online criticism (see below).

https://twitter.com/wexhurlingpod/status/1755127106042737126?s=46&t=0sQkcb7z4szDmx1-2Xlm0w

1 Like

Some lads from that era would be too thin skinned to play in the current set up.

Good stuff.

be a great impact sub

I hear horeswood traditional hurling club back in the day, but last 30 years football has been number 1. Must be decades since they’ve had a wexford senior before foley.

Leigh O Brien and Darren O’Reilly both started on the 97 Leinster u21 winning team. Who knows if they werent playing as much football how theyd have gone. Mick O Hanlon was definitely in woth senior squads at some stages over his playing career, not sure if he ever got a run out in a Walsh Cup game or anything tho.

Id say thats about as close as they have had in the last 50 years

Derek O’Reilly was and probably is good enough but chose to not partake.

3 Likes

Over the hill now imo

Wasn’t there a corner forward from Horeswood a stalwart of the Wexford Intermediate team in the late 1980s/early 1990s? When intermediate was exactly what it said on the tin - not a second team but a team for intermediate grade (and lower) club players. I’ve recollections of watching these lads from the Wexford Park sideline - Ger Cody (Rathgarogue-Cushinstown), Robbie O’Callaghan (Taghmon-Camross), Pat Owley (Tara Rocks) and the man himself Sean “Nipper” Conroy (Horeswood).

Junior.

Nipper was the man.

Looking forward to hearing from luminaries like Jim Gavin & Jarlath Burns at today’s Cáirde Loch Garman Gamechangers Lunch.

Is anybody else attending? Feel free to reach out if you know/recognise me. I’m always open to connecting with fellow professionals, sharing insights & exploring new opportunities.

PS, networking commences at 1pm rather than the previously advised 1.45pm.

4 Likes

He will have wexford descendants in time you would think

Indeed. Just realised I’m not very good at networking.

Not working more up your street?

Hope you said hello to Verona.

2 Likes

Looks well.

4 Likes