Wexford GAA 2024

Not a great view of the pitch from the new Chadwicks Wexford Park corporate boxes.

2 Likes

The funny thing is, the new seats are far superior to the ones in Old Trafford…

https://twitter.com/OfficialWexGAA/status/1760354482997563506?t=CD5019Zo8QhZj6lYxIfM-g&s=19

Ah Jaysus

If you’re perusing this week’s Wexford People & you continue on past the picture of Wexford’s elite entrepreneurs, stick fighters, horse botherers, bog ballers, fun runners & industry titans in our 25-year school reunion picture then you’ll get to the sport pages. It’s mentioned here that O’Hanlon & Devitt played the challenge match against Laois last weekend, Donohoe & Dunbar got more game time after returning recently but the likes of Rory O’Connor & Liam Ryan are still a bit away.

1 Like

Hey pal

We’ve a private thread now like the Limericks incase we need to post sensitive information.

My god the world is fucked.

1 Like

Wexford made clean shite of Longford in the CWP there now.

Cutting them open time after time we looked decent but hard to gauge due to the paucity of opposition.

Costly penalty in Leitrim.

Longford look a rabble.

2 Likes

A dose.

Unlucky not to go up, but can take heart from it. 5 wins, one bad loss to Laois, and a controversial loss to Leitrim. Good scoring difference and played well generally.

Wicklow and Limerick coming down from div 3 are no great shakes either and are part of that revolving door between 3 and 4 that we have been on, as well as Sligo, Antrim, Longford and Tipp. Go well in the championship now and league next year is very much an achievable target whilst still getting game time with not as much pressure on them as it would be if in Div 3 next year

1 Like

Feels like a confidence building year in Div 4 is worth more than promotion in the long run. Bouncing up and down does us no use

Hegarty needs to keep the squad together.

1 Like

Paddy Christie only seems to be able to make progress with Longford in the O’ Byrne Cup. He has an awful record in league and championship. Dublin will be relieved that he didn’t get near the top job there.

An awful pity that the penalty in Leitrim cost Wexford promotion in the end. I’d say if the two teams played again we’d beat them. Improved as the league went on. A good run to a Tailteann Cup semi-final would be a productive year. Carlow in the first round of the Leinster championship I believe.

Paddy had 2 years as Dublin minor football manager and bombed both years. He has had good success with dcu in sigerson though.

A blind monkey would have success with DCU in Sigerson though

2 Likes

They’d 3 lads today that were absolutely unfit for inter county football. Didn’t even look fit.

If you’re picking lads like that you’re in trouble and I’d say he’s just seeing out the next 10 weeks.

Mickey Quinn is still class.

A pity that they didn’t get the reward of an outing in Croke Park at the end of it. I’d reckon the footballers haven’t played in Croker since the 2017 Division 4 final against Westmeath under Banty. Last championship game there was probably Kildare in the 2016 double-header with the Wexford-Dublin hurling game. The decision to move Leinster quarter-finals to home-away venues has obviously had an influence on that but by my reckoning between 2003 and 2014 Wexford footballers played in Croke Park every year bar 2009.

1 Like

was this roscommon away?

yeah somewhat, but I wouldnt crib too much about footballers not getting into croke park. You should only get there if you deserve to be there.

Or yknow, if you get handed it.

Well if its your home stadium too…