Wexford v Galway July 2nd

Galway by 12.

I have a feeling davy will work his magic the quarter finals are in cork

I was talking to ā€˜theā€™ father there who was talking to ā€˜hurling peopleā€™ in east galway who think we are at least ten points a better team than Wexford. Im worried now.

1 Like

I honestly think we have a midfielder who can nullify Lee chin, and more, and the best back in the country. I also think Conor whelan is one of the best forwards in the game.
I think we should, and should expect to, beat anyone out there.
Just play well and anyone will find it tough against this Galway team.

5 Likes

Wexford have performed well in smaller pitches up to now. It will be interesting to see how they get on in Croke Park.

Hoping this rain clears off early in the week and we get another spell of boiling hot and dry weather. The harder and faster the pitch the better as it will suit our athleticism and pace. Our running and support game should also thrive on a massive pitch.

1 Like

Weā€™ll enjoy drip feeding these predictions back to you on Sunday evening after you soak in the seven point drubbing.

3 Likes

Think it was the priest who managed Cork in '90 (or 86) said if you just let it at them theyā€™ll beat themselves. Our problem isnā€™t hurlers, itā€™s bottle.

Wexford are 3/1???

Cc @gman

1 Like

11/4 at Boyles .

The Leinster final and the Kk v Lk have the same prices .

Are you stil planning on giving this game a miss and hanging on for our semi-final appearance? Thatā€™s what my auld wan did in 1996 and it worked out well for her.

3/1 paddy power

I wonā€™t be available for inter county action until August, pal. Barring a draw of course.

1 Like

Are you coming back for it?

Signing in and will be supporting Wexford. Will Davy pull into Vinegar Hill on the way up that morning

Itā€™s delightful the manner in which this game is now hype free in anticipation of the greatest game ever about to unfold Saturday in Nowlan park.

3 Likes

Wexford need to shore up that full back line. Like Fennelly destroyed them, also Alyward had the beating of them aswell before Cody mistakenly whipped him off early. Galway full forward line is better than the KK.

True enough. Iā€™ll cover this in my ā€œbig matchā€ preview which is expected to land on Thursday night.

Iā€™m sitting here waiting for The Wexford People to be delivered to read their first Leinster hurling final preview in 9 years.

1 Like

I canā€™t. Iā€™m just back from a week working away. London for the rest of this week, it wouldnā€™t really be fair if I left again for the weekend.
Wish I was though.