Wexford v Galway July 2nd

20-page special match pull-out with an “Up Wexford” car sticker too. Fantastic stuff. Loads of colour ads scattered throughout the paper from businesses who employ our players. I didn’t realise we had so many car salesmen. This is like the 1996. We are surely unstoppable.

2 Likes

I’m hoping for a Galway win on Sunday.

1 Like

I sort of am, but hurled in Manchester with a few wexford lads who were absolute gents to a man, and a great laugh, so I’d begrudge them nothing.
I never mind watching the wheels come off a Galway bandwagon either.
When/if I return home permanently, I’ll be the Galway version of dodgy keeper. “just in the door from”

cc @bandage

Ah lovely :clap::clap::ok_hand::ok_hand:

The oul fella has decided he wants to go now, I’ll probably tip up with him

2 Likes

+1 I I’ve worked and hurled with them and a nicer and obliging bunch of people you wouldn’t meet. Decent & good craic. While I don’t want to see them winning on Sunday, I wouldn’t begrudge it to them. Outside of ourselves, I would love to see Wexford or Limerick achieving some success.

6 Likes

Micheál Donoghue seems like a very nice man altogether in his media dealings. I didn’t realise he played in the 1996 semi-final against us.

1 Like

Of course he did Do you not know your 90s hurling

Think he has a league medal from that year too. That Wexford game spelled the end for some of our aging stars of the late 80’s successes.

I didn’t really pay close attention to counties who didn’t win any championships during the decade.

Busy with English soccer.
Or was that your rugby phase?

Did the same apply to Celtic in the 90s?

Celtic won titles during the 1990s.

Why the plural ?

They won one Championship. Same as Galway.

Because they won more than one title, mate. I think they won all domestic competitons at least once during the 1990s. I can recall stopping the 10, The Van Hooijdonk header in the cup final under Tommy Burns and there was a League Cup in there at some stage too.

Apologies to Galway - my mistake. Think they beat Roscommon in at least one Connacht championship final.

Thinks they won a Tennent’s Sixes in the nineties too,